1. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    07 Sep '07 19:45
    Here are some ideas for the My Games page (where I live) which I think would make it a bit more useful (though it is already excellent in my opinion).

1. A link to the Analyze Board feature for each game. Perhaps the Game ID could be used for this, or a small icon? The point is to avoid having to go to the board before being able to bring up the analysis screen. I almost always use the Analyze screen before making a move so this would save a lot of page loads as I would only have to go the actual game page once when I had decided what my move would be. Another option would be to put a link to the Analyze Board screen in the popup window that you get from clicking the Info link.

2. When a game is a clan/tournament/league game it has a small icon by it. I think it would be handy if that icon were also a link to the Results page for the associated clan challenge/tournament etc. Again letting you get to that information without having to go the the game board first.

3. For the rating conscious, I think it would be nice to have columns that would calculate what your rating would be if you were to win, lose, or draw against a given opponent, or perhaps it could just show a positive and negative number to indicate how much your rating would increase or decrease. Another option might be just a form somewhere where you could plug in your rating and your opponent's rating, then click a button and have it do the math for you.

Thoughts?
  2. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    07 Sep '07 20:58
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    Here are some ideas for the My Games page (where I live) which I think would make it a bit more useful (though it is already excellent in my opinion).

1. A link to the Analyze Board feature for each game. Perhaps the Game ID could be used for this, or a small icon? The point is to avoid having to go to the board before being able to bring up the anal ...[text shortened]... g and your opponent's rating, then click a button and have it do the math for you.

Thoughts?
    I think 3 will be too much of a burden for the system, retrieving dozens of data and doing some calculations with it too.

2 would be nice.
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    07 Sep '07 21:09
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy

1. A link to the Analyze Board feature for each game. Perhaps the Game ID could be used for this, or a small icon? The point is to avoid having to go to the board before being able to bring up the anal ...[text shortened]... g and your opponent's rating, then click a button and have it do the math for you.

Thoughts?
    No 2 is already implemented if you use Firefox, Greasemonkey and ouroboros' scripts.

No 3 is also kind of implemented in FF, but in the Game page, rather than the My Games page. I think it makes more sense that way.

D
  4. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    07 Sep '07 23:52
    I like 1 and 2, but I don't see any real need for #3 to be on the main page.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree