1. Joined
    12 Aug '04
    Moves
    21 Oct '04 21:09
    I recently offered a draw to my opponent, who messaged me back that he'd take it but instead of accepting my draw offered me a draw in exchange. Because I thought we'd agreed, I accepted his draw without thinking much about my move. Apparently my acceptance didn't end the game, because. seeing my move, he then changed his mind and the game continued. (Of course, I lost!) It seems like there might be some glitch when one person responds to an offered draw with an offered draw themselves. Any thoughts?
  2. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    22 Oct '04 03:43
    Hasn't happened to me. I know that the site doesn't always pick up insefficient material as a draw. I've seen K v's K+N in one of Skeeters games and they've made 3 moves before agreeing a draw which strikes me as a bit silly seeing as they both must have known the position was a draw.
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    22 Oct '04 08:55
    I will investigate this.

-Russ
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    22 Oct '04 09:15
    Originally posted by mmmmisha
    I recently offered a draw to my opponent, who messaged me back that he'd take it but instead of accepting my draw offered me a draw in exchange. Because I thought we'd agreed, I accepted his draw without thinking much about my move. Apparently my acceptance didn't end the game, because. seeing my move, he then changed his mind and the game continued. ...[text shortened]... itch when one person responds to an offered draw with an offered draw themselves. Any thoughts?
    That's not very sporting of your opponent. Did you guys not discuss what had happened?

D

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree