1. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    15 Sep '05 12:31
    It would be nice to have an option to draw, or delete games where opponent has timeouted. Some kind of a neutral option instead of claiming victory. - because, let's face it, NOBODY timeouts because of any other reason than not being able to get online.

And if I timeout a game that I would've lost, that will distort my rating. And I don't like that. I don't really care if somebody wants to boost their rating, but I'd like an option to keep my rating as accurate as possible. It serves me as an indication of my own progress. (Which is why I don't get engine-cheating. I mean, they don't get to play themselves, nor do they progress?! So why play at all?)
  2. Standard memberAnwylyd
    Mandla
    Unknown
    Moves
    16 Sep '05 16:41
    Yeah, but how many people actually play with a conscience about these sort of things... hardly anyone even acknowleges the vacation settings... and in live tournaments, you don't draw a game if you run out of time, no matter how great positionally you stand... overall, I would use this, but I really don't think it's a viable change to the site...
  3. Standard memberTrains44
    Full speed locomotiv
    Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Sep '05 22:17
    Originally posted by Anwylyd
    Yeah, but how many people actually play with a conscience about these sort of things... hardly anyone even acknowleges the vacation settings... and in live tournaments, you don't draw a game if you run out of time, no matter how great positionally you stand... overall, I would use this, but I really don't think it's a viable change to the site...
    I time out my opponents in a heartbeat. I say play chess or lose. Sorry. And I made that real clear in my profile. Fine, do the same to me.
  4. Standard memberAnwylyd
    Mandla
    Unknown
    Moves
    19 Sep '05 15:16
    Originally posted by TRAINS44
    I time out my opponents in a heartbeat. I say play chess or lose. Sorry. And I made that real clear in my profile. Fine, do the same to me.
    I was just making a statement... I personally don't timeout vacation set opponents unless its a tournament/clan game... but then again I hardly play anything but those... it a fact that nearly noone pays attention to vacation settings, I would get rid of that option before I would consider this one...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree