1. Standard memberSanta Drummer
    I AM INNOCENT
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Dec '05 19:19
    I got the idea of a new playing section.

In this area it would be no holds barred - anything goes. You can use books, databases, and engines. However you dont have to play what the engine says (obviously) and it doesnt count to your normal grade. What you think?
  2. Joined
    06 Feb '04
    Moves
    14 Dec '05 20:43
    Originally posted by Santa Drummer

In this area it would be no holds barred - anything goes. You can use books, databases, and engines. However you dont have to play what the engine says (obviously) and it doesnt count to your normal grade. What you think?
    Why would anyone find using an engine enjoyable?Chess engines are the bane of internet chess,I say wipe them out of your computer and use the cd as a Christmas ornament or a beer coaster.
  3. Standard memberRavello
    The RudeĀ©
    who knows?
    Moves
    14 Dec '05 20:45
    Originally posted by Santa Drummer

Crap.
    By the way you can already use books and databases.
  4. Standard memberark13
    Enola Straight
    mouse mouse mouse
    Moves
    14 Dec '05 21:31
    Originally posted by Windsor Mike
    Why would anyone find using an engine enjoyable?Chess engines are the bane of internet chess,I say wipe them out of your computer and use the cd as a Christmas ornament or a beer coaster.
    There are chess tournaments where humans and engines team up. I think it sounds like a fun idea.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree