1. Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 03:09
    Does anyone thnk it might be fun to have a poem forum? I don't know where to post any good poems I come across. Most of the forums on here are for debate and such, but we forget about the arts.
  2. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 06:55
    Originally posted by Queenofnight
    Does anyone thnk it might be fun to have a poem forum? I don't know where to post any good poems I come across. Most of the forums on here are for debate and such, but we forget about the arts.
    😴
  3. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateâ„¢
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 09:20
    It's a bit of a crazy, out-landish but how about on a poetry site... 🙄
  4. Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 21:21
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    "Mock me and laugh,
    But in the end
    It will be I
    Who will laugh at YOU friend!
    For those who choose
    Wisdom over foolery,
    Will find their names
    In the pages of history." ~C.E.
    I think I'll just post my stuff on here... since you fellas seem to like it so much! Haha!
  5. Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 21:24
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    so tell me, why is there a forum for sports? why not just post that stuff on a sport site? I'll tell you why. People want a central place where they can do everything without having to move from site to site.
  6. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 21:36
    Why not start with a poem thread? There was already a poem competition some time ago.
  7. Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 21:39
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Why not start with a poem thread? There was already a poem competition some time ago.
    Really? hmmm... good idea! Thank you very much palynka! I haven't been on here very long so I don't know about these things.
  8. Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 23:52
    Really? hmmm... good idea! Thank you very much palynka! I haven't been on here very long so I don't know about these things.
    So maybe this could be it....... *waiting for a cute little remark that could come across as snotty😵* What did you fellas think othat little poem I posted here?
  9. Standard memberEAPOE
    Earl of Rochester
    Restoration London
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 23:54
    I think that is a very good idea. . . Great way to share the literature that is flying around on this site.
  10. Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    08 Feb '07 00:01
    Originally posted by EAPOE
    I think that is a very good idea. . . Great way to share the literature that is flying around on this site.
    Thanks for the support EAPOE! I knew there was someone on my side!
  11. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '07 01:10
    Personally, I hated poetry at school - I hate it even more nowadays.

But, if they had a poetry forum, it would be easier to avoid it I suppose.
  12. Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    08 Feb '07 02:00
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Personally, I hated poetry at school - I hate it even more nowadays.

But, if they had a poetry forum, it would be easier to avoid it I suppose.
    That would be a great argument for us poetry lovers!
  13. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '07 09:311 edit
    Thy flowery scent, thy tasteful flower, seeketh through mine famine power.
    Yet in thy heart will blossom full, soft a love as finest wool. For I need but
    find all secret lies that have thou bound in brutal ties, and when thy heart
    is free the past will hunt no more thy heart too fast.
  14. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    09 Feb '07 01:24
    Thread 60208

There a bit legalistic regarding their understanding of this genre, but it's a start. You could start one on sestinas, for example.
  15. Joined
    09 Oct '06
    Moves
    09 Feb '07 05:20
    I'm trying to get a lit section opened up where people can discuss books, movies, art, etc. Poetry could always be added. I wish there was somewhere like the sports section.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree