1. is no semi-colon
    Moves
    25 Jan '10 07:001 edit
    while we don't need unmitigated profanity in general forum, a forum suitable for 13yos probably isn't the best solution for adults either. it's all a bit ridiculous. i think a forum in which adult subjects could sometimes be discussed in an adult manner is desirable. such a forum could still be moderated so things don't get out of hand, but at least the standard would be more appropriate to adults, who constitute, as far as i can see, almost all the posters in this forum.

really, there don't seem to be that many under-age posters in here, apart from Chadradi (sp?) and a couple of characters with the mental capacities of a 13yo - ironically, the same characters who want everyone to adhere to standards suitable for a kiddies' forum.

so, here's the proposal. it comes in two parts. first, a one-time-only declaration by each poster entering the forum that they are an adult. that is, you declare it once, and after that it is transparent, and you just enter the forum as you do now; second, so the kiddies don't feel left out, there could be a kiddies forum where the 13yo standards could apply. those who had declared themselves to be adults wouldn't have access.

at the moment the mods, through no fault of their own, are being forced to administer standards totally inappropriate to an adult-dominated forum. i also don't blame the owners, as they have to minimise their legal liability. i believe this solution would cater to that need also. if there is any blame, it is to be allocated to the puritanically-minded among us (you know who you are), who want the entire forum to conform to their own ideas of what is right, and use the cloak of concern for the welfare of underage users of the site to get their way.

here's a recent example of what i am talking about: i quoted from 'The Exorcist', which is shown on free-to-air television. the quote included profanity, which i used '*'s to partially mask out. in this form, at least, i think it is entirely ok for use in an adult-dominated forum. yet the mod had to remove it once alerted. just seems silly to me.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jan '10 07:14

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    25 Jan '10 07:25
    Originally posted by Blackamp
    while we don't need unmitigated profanity in general forum, a forum suitable for 13yos probably isn't the best solution for adults either. it's all a bit ridiculous. i think a forum in which adult subjects could sometimes be discussed in an adult manner is desirable. such a forum could still be moderated so things don't get out of hand, but at least the sta ...[text shortened]... minated forum. yet the mod had to remove it once alerted. just seems silly to me.
    Take it to Site Ideas, Spanky!
  4. Wat?
    Moves
    25 Jan '10 07:28
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I thought you called him a monkey and a snake? 😠
  5. is no semi-colon
    Moves
    25 Jan '10 07:31
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    Take it to Site Ideas, Spanky!
    please don't give our thread-moving friend and benefactor ideas. i think the thread belongs here, because it specifically concerns general forum.
  6. Wat?
    Moves
    25 Jan '10 07:40
    please don't give our thread-moving friend and benefactor ideas. i think the thread belongs here, because it specifically concerns general forum.
    It's really hypothetical. It belongs nowhere 'cause it 'aint gonna happen'

We don't need a forum where all the fat brained lard-asses can laden their fears on innocent kids, and indoctinate e4! 🙁
  7. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    25 Jan '10 14:24
    Moderator - 2
    Blackamp - 0

Next time, make a satirical thread about kiddies forums!
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 Jan '10 01:45
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Well that is interesting: How do you know Ice is a Moderator?
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 Jan '10 01:47
    Moderator - 2
    Blackamp - 0

Rec'd
  10. is no semi-colon
    Moves
    26 Jan '10 01:53
    Moderator - 2
    Blackamp - 0

it's not hard to rack up a few points if you are put in a position of anonymous power, including the power to banish anyone who voices open dissent, is it?
  11. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    27 Jan '10 13:35
    it's not hard to rack up a few points if you are put in a position of anonymous power, including the power to banish anyone who voices open dissent, is it?
    Is there anything you don't whine about?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree