1. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    18 Aug '11 00:29
    It is a pain scrolling through clans to see which clans are available for challenges.
    Is there a way that we could have clans not show up in the active listing if:

1. It is an inactive clan.
    2. The clan leader is a non-sub
    3. The clan is currently not accepting challenges.
    4. The clan has no members currently available for challenges.

This would save time scrolling through clans for challenges, only to find you can't
    challenge them.
  2. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    18 Aug '11 12:27
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    It is a pain scrolling through clans to see which clans are available for challenges.
    Is there a way that we could have clans not show up in the active listing if:

1. It is an inactive clan.
    2. The clan leader is a non-sub
    3. The clan is currently not accepting challenges.
    4. The clan has no members currently available for challenges.

This would save time scrolling through clans for challenges, only to find you can't
    challenge them.
    You can pretty much get most of what you want by using the Find Clan options

If you want to target clans that are actively seeking challenges and have between say 8 and 12 members then put these stats into the Find Clan and you have what you want.

The only thing this doesn't eliminate is clans with a non sub leader.
  3. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    18 Aug '11 23:18
    Originally posted by adramforall
    You can pretty much get most of what you want by using the Find Clan options

If you want to target clans that are actively seeking challenges and have between say 8 and 12 members then put these stats into the Find Clan and you have what you want.

The only thing this doesn't eliminate is clans with a non sub leader.
    It's true that these filters do help when searching for challenges.
    What is lacking is the ability to filter out players within these clans that are unavailable for whatever reason.
    I made a suggestion a while since asking for a rating filter.
    This would incorporate entering a rating and the filter returning a list of players available within available clans with a similar rating.
    This would solve the problem of finding a clan with a member suitable for a challenge , only to find that the player was unavailable.
    I have found there are lot's of clans "available for challenges" , but when you look at them, thier players are either non subs or unavailable.
  4. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 09:41
    Originally posted by venda
    It's true that these filters do help when searching for challenges.
    What is lacking is the ability to filter out players within these clans that are unavailable for whatever reason.
    I made a suggestion a while since asking for a rating filter.
    This would incorporate entering a rating and the filter returning a list of players available within available clan ...[text shortened]... r challenges" , but when you look at them, thier players are either non subs or unavailable.
    I agree, it is frustrating to do the legwork only to find the players you want to play are unavailable.

However, when you go to challenge a clan then the "available" players are the only ones hat appear in the potential challenge list.

I fear that we are looking at the site doing too much work.

Filtering by rating would still mean that a 1900 rated player who has dropped to 1300 will show up in a 1250/1450 search filter whcih is way below their true strength. Just as much time wasted as there is doing a normal matchup.

If something similar to a ratings filter, which also showed a players high/current rating together was available, it would show the "sandbaggery type players".
  5. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 12:45
    Could a rating's filter use the TER of a player?
    This would be the best guide available methinks.
  6. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    01 Oct '11 21:20
    It would seem that the changes proposed in this thread to help clan leaders find challenges more easily are not going to happen.
    I always struggle to "match" some of my players to players of similar ability.
    I have found the easiest way is to "find" my player on the players table, and then look at all the players around that area that are in clans and available to challenge.
    I know this is tiresome but it could be speeded up by expanding the "find me" facility to incorporate a "find anybody" option by typing in a player name, or even typing in a rating level to bring up the relevant page.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree