Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

  1. Standard member qyf
    17 May '10 03:53
    After a blitz game times out, an untimed continuation should be possible if both players agree.

    There are so many games that time out at a really interesting position, where both players would like to be able to 'see what would have happened' !!
  2. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    17 May '10 14:20
    Originally posted by qyf
    After a blitz game times out, an untimed continuation should be possible if both players agree.

    There are so many games that time out at a really interesting position, where both players would like to be able to 'see what would have happened' !!
    Save the PGN.

    You can set up a non rated RHP game to continue.

    If that's not an option, consider longer time controls in your blitz games.

    P-
  3. Standard member SwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    04 Jun '10 23:04 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by qyf
    After a blitz game times out, an untimed continuation should be possible if both players agree.

    There are so many games that time out at a really interesting position, where both players would like to be able to 'see what would have happened' !!
    The blitz server is very low-priority here. I wouldn't hold out any hope for upgrades.

    Better to play on a nice real-time chess server like FICS, ICC, or playchess. All of them have 'examine' modes that do precisely what you're asking: they allow post-mortem analysis of the game.
  4. 05 Jun '10 01:45
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    The blitz server is very low-priority here.
    what would you consider high-priority here?
  5. 05 Jun '10 04:57 / 1 edit
    Getting the RHP database updated.

    Fixing the PGN thingy so you can show a position where Black goes first.
  6. Subscriber Ponderable
    chemist
    05 Jun '10 07:10
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    Getting the RHP database updated.

    Fixing the PGN thingy so you can show a position where Black goes first.
    had you quoted<the previous post it would be much clearer, that you do not hijack threads
  7. 05 Jun '10 18:16
    Originally posted by trev33
    what would you consider high-priority here?
    Getting the RHP database updated.

    Fixing the PGN thingy so you can show a position where Black goes first.

    And a 7 day forum ban for thread hi-jackers.
  8. 06 Jun '10 01:01
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    Getting the RHP database updated.

    Fixing the PGN thingy so you can show a position where Black goes first.
    and how long have we been waiting for those?
  9. Standard member SwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    08 Jun '10 21:54 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by trev33
    what would you consider high-priority here?
    Automatic draws in positions with no mating material, and auto-claim 50 move rule.

    Conditional move facelift: track branches in notation, not diagrams; no communication with server for each move entered. Rather, just one single communication with the server once the entire branch entry's done.

    Oh, and PGN's with black to move of course.
  10. Subscriber Ponderable
    chemist
    09 Jun '10 15:04
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Automatic draws in positions with no mating material, and auto-claim 50 move rule.

    Conditional move facelift: track branches in notation, not diagrams; no communication with server for each move entered. Rather, just one single communication with the server once the entire branch entry's done.

    Oh, and PGN's with black to move of course.
    second and third suggestion supported!
  11. Standard member SwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    09 Jun '10 20:36
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    second and third suggestion supported!
    two outta three ain't bad