1. Standard membermosquitorespect
    Not Royalty
    Not in a palace
    Joined
    07 Jun '04
    Moves
    29298
    27 Mar '06 10:171 edit
    Probaly been mentioned before, but this would be useful for setting up set piece games. Am I going mad or was it present before the upgrade.

    I know you can get the FEN from the Game History screen, but that is only from the latest point in the game.

    The downside, I suppose,is that it probably makes things easier for cheats. But what the hell, they're going to cheat anyway!

    Edit: perhaps there could be a link in analyse board to start a new game from the current position.
  2. Standard membermosquitorespect
    Not Royalty
    Not in a palace
    Joined
    07 Jun '04
    Moves
    29298
    02 Apr '06 21:16
    bump
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Joined
    16 Mar '04
    Moves
    15013
    03 Apr '06 12:42
    Originally posted by mosquitorespect
    Probaly been mentioned before, but this would be useful for setting up set piece games. Am I going mad or was it present before the upgrade.

    I know you can get the FEN from the Game History screen, but that is only from the latest point in the game.

    The downside, I suppose,is that it probably makes things easier for cheats. But what the hell, ...[text shortened]... : perhaps there could be a link in analyse board to start a new game from the current position.
    You can get the PGN from the "MY Games" screen, by clicking on Info.

    Ouroboros has written a script for Firefox with the greasemonkey extension to put the FEN on the game page. http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/

    I don't know how that is going to help you in setting up a set piece game though?

    D
  4. Standard membermosquitorespect
    Not Royalty
    Not in a palace
    Joined
    07 Jun '04
    Moves
    29298
    03 Apr '06 15:45
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    You can get the PGN from the "MY Games" screen, by clicking on Info.

    Ouroboros has written a script for Firefox with the greasemonkey extension to put the FEN on the game page. http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/

    I don't know how that is going to help you in setting up a set piece game though?

    D
    Yes, that script is very good as far as it goes, but I think we need something directly from the analyse board screen, as this only takes us from the current position in the game (real time).

    Then, if you want to replay a game from a certain point you would be able to rewind to that position and start the game from there with a click of the mouse.
  5. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Joined
    10 Sep '03
    Moves
    609407
    05 Apr '06 18:50
    Initial pass at this can be found at:

    http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/analysis.user.js

    There are some limitations that are listed at the top of the script.
  6. Standard membermosquitorespect
    Not Royalty
    Not in a palace
    Joined
    07 Jun '04
    Moves
    29298
    05 Apr '06 19:26
    Originally posted by ouroboros
    Initial pass at this can be found at:

    http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/analysis.user.js

    There are some limitations that are listed at the top of the script.
    You really are a very clever person ouro! Now we just need Russ to implement a 'start game from this position' link, or Wulegbr's set piece idea (pasting a FEN into the set piece screen). Or can you do that as well?
  7. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Joined
    10 Sep '03
    Moves
    609407
    06 Apr '06 00:31
    Originally posted by mosquitorespect
    You really are a very clever person ouro! Now we just need Russ to implement a 'start game from this position' link, or Wulegbr's set piece idea (pasting a FEN into the set piece screen). Or can you do that as well?
    Give the following a try:

    http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/setpiece.user.js
  8. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Joined
    10 Sep '03
    Moves
    609407
    09 Apr '06 02:22
    Originally posted by ouroboros
    Initial pass at this can be found at:

    http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/analysis.user.js

    There are some limitations that are listed at the top of the script.
    Fixed a problem in the script where the original callback was not being called after the board was rendered. New version at:

    http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/analysis.user.js
Back to Top