1. Joined
    16 Aug '09
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 01:19
    I'd like the ability to put games on hold such that when I click "Go to next waiting game" or I click "Wait for any game" the games that are on hold will be ignored.

Rationale:
    There are times when I have some games that I don't want to deal with right away (perhaps they have a long timeout) but I have a number of fast moving games. I'd like not to have to click "my games" continually to see if it is my turn to move on one of those fast games but I have no alternative since the "Wait for any game" option will bounce me into one of the games I don't want to deal with.

Similarly, I am only able to make one move on each fast moving game before "Go to next waiting game" will bounce me into one of the games I don't want to deal with. Then I need to click "skip this game for now" until I've gone through all those games then I'm back to the fast moving games.

I saw similar request mentioned in an old thread "Next game suggestions". If the equivalent functionality already exists would someone please let me know. Thanks.
  2. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 01:42
    Originally posted by SacTheKing
    I'd like the ability to put games on hold such that when I click "Go to next waiting game" or I click "Wait for any game" the games that are on hold will be ignored.

Rationale:
    There are times when I have some games that I don't want to deal with right away (perhaps they have a long timeout) but I have a number of fast moving games. I'd like not to ...[text shortened]... lent functionality already exists would someone please let me know. Thanks.
    Best thing you could do is put the games into separate folders depending on move frequency.

You then just open the relevant folder and make the moves in the games you want to ignoring the other folders.

I can't see it being too easy for admin to place games on hold for 3/5/7 days as you would need to do this for each game, and then redo it each time you made a move in the games, if you wanted to continue to ignore the game for the next 3/5/7 days. Also the ignore would need to be started from when your opponent made their move.

You could move on day 6 on a 7 day game, but your opponent might move, immediately or after 1, 2, 4, 5 or even 7 days. Your ignored games would then be "all over the place".
  3. Joined
    16 Aug '09
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 02:30
    Placing games I'd like to ignore in a separate folder makes it somewhat easier, thanks, but it doesn't solve the problem of "waiting for any game" - I'll still need to click "my games" repeatedly to see if a move has been made. And won't "go to next waiting game" still take me to the games in the "ignore" folder?

The work for the admin would be to program the functionality of 'hold' or 'ignore for now' and then discount those games when one clicks "waiting for any game" or "go to next waiting game". I don't know how hard that would be to program. The work for the player would be to remember that there are games on hold (and your suggestion of a separate folder might be useful for that) and to put games on and off hold.
  4. Joined
    16 Aug '09
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 11:27
    Placing games I'd like to ignore in a separate folder makes it somewhat easier, thanks, but it doesn't solve the problem of "waiting for any game" - I'll still need to click "my games" repeatedly to see if a move has been made. And won't "go to next waiting game" still take me to the games in the "ignore" folder?

The work for the admin would be to pro ...[text shortened]... separate folder might be useful for that) and to put games on and off hold.
    Possibly an easier alternative for the programmer would be to have a reserved name folder "ignore for now" rather than dealing with holds on individual games. Games in the "ignore for now" folder would be ignored when "wait for any game" or "go to next waiting game" are clicked. Players would move games in and out of "ignore for now" as they see fit.
  5. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 12:24
    I dont use either "waiting for any game" or "go to next waiting game" so I cant really comment on it.

In the red menu bar, behind "X games waiting" theres a little icon of two squares over eachother. They pop-up a little window "My Urgent Games" in which you can view the games, opponents, and timecontrols with a litte link added.
    There you can scroll down and skip as many games as you like. Thought it might be something you would find usefull.
  6. Joined
    16 Aug '09
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 12:38
    Originally posted by zozozozo
    I dont use either "waiting for any game" or "go to next waiting game" so I cant really comment on it.

In the red menu bar, behind "X games waiting" theres a little icon of two squares over eachother. They pop-up a little window "My Urgent Games" in which you can view the games, opponents, and timecontrols with a litte link added.
    There you can scroll do ...[text shortened]... nd skip as many games as you like. Thought it might be something you would find usefull.
    Thanks. That might help if the number of games waiting (in the red bar) were to change without requiring a click.

i like "wait for any game" because i can be doing something else and when it's my turn to move the screen will automatically switch to that game - i don't need to click periodically to see if it's my turn to move.
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 13:24

Rationale:
    There are times when I have some games that I don't want to deal with right away (perhaps they have a long timeout) but I have a number of fast moving games. I'd like not to ...[text shortened]... lent functionality already exists would someone please let me know. Thanks.
    I would like to put a symbol of some kind of each games so I quickly can see what category it is. Like a red dot, a green, a blue, etc.
    And then it would be great to sort them in these categories...
  8. Joined
    16 Aug '09
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 13:46
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I would like to put a symbol of some kind of each games so I quickly can see what category it is. Like a red dot, a green, a blue, etc.
    And then it would be great to sort them in these categories...
    Sounds like this should be a separate new idea thread.

Would your purpose be served if the Game Name field were editable and sortable?
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 14:09
    Sounds like this should be a separate new idea thread.

Would your purpose be served if the Game Name field were editable and sortable?
    If I could rename the game to what I wanted, yes.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree