1. Joined
    07 Aug '06
    Moves
    20 Dec '06 06:51
    And if you were playing in the park and let the peice go,

would you also take back that move ?????

Or would you be shot, hung, drawn and quartered - possibly all at the same time..

Silly moves are unfortunately part of chess - mistakes though are quite possibly a different kettle of fish.

In flicking btwn analyse and board, i clicked on submit in haste, when i had been flipping the board, oops wrong button..

There have been far more than just a few occasions when on submit, i had a simple lapse of judgement, careless manouvre, or full on mental attack, and instantly realised OH NO!, thats not what i wanted....

A Panic button within a minute or so would allow a mistake to be overwritten, not further evaluation...

There are people here in tournaments who take far too long to analyse, sit, ponder , wait some more, analyse some more - if they had any more time who knows what would become of tournaments if they could resubmit moves.. I started three tournaments in Sept, not one of them is past round one..

I could accept a panic button strategy - but leaving only minutes of time once a submit button has been "played"...

I could save my queen at least once a week with this option.......
  2. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    20 Dec '06 17:01
    Originally posted by davidmacc
    It's not necessary for people to have to 'suffer' for their mistakes in a friendly game. I'm all for adherence to tournament standards in the vast majority of my games, but when it's just a game between two mismatched friends what harm is there in allowing a take-back?

A set-piece game is a solution, but not a particularly good one, it would be pretty i ...[text shortened]... start of games. I really can't see how this site idea diminishes anyones RHP experience.
    In a game between two mismatched friends, the lower-rated player is probably going to bungle the game sooner or later. What does it matter when the blunder occurs? Why waste programmer's time implementing this dubious feature?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree