1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 18:19
    We have various timeback only tournaments, why can't we set up games that are designed to last no longer than a certain period of time? From speed games of 3 days or so to longer matches with a couple of months timeback or so.
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 20:01
    Originally posted by Trev33
    We have various timeback only tournaments, why can't we set up games that are designed to last no longer than a certain period of time? From speed games of 3 days or so to longer matches with a couple of months timeback or so.
    So what happens when the time period is up and there are still players playing the first round of the tournament when some are thro' to the second?
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 20:20
    Originally posted by venda
    So what happens when the time period is up and there are still players playing the first round of the tournament when some are thro' to the second?
    What happens when that happens in regular tournaments?
  4. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 21:23
    The 2nd round doesn't start until all the groups in the first have been decided.I've been "thro'" in two tournaments for ages now and still waiting.
    The people still playing in the first round may not be able to complete their game because of the slowness of their opponent.
    If you're suggesting cancelling those games after your proposed time period expires you are being unfair to those players still "trapped" in a previous round thro' no fault of their own.
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 21:46
    Originally posted by venda
    The 2nd round doesn't start until all the groups in the first have been decided.I've been "thro'" in two tournaments for ages now and still waiting.
    The people still playing in the first round may not be able to complete their game because of the slowness of their opponent.
    If you're suggesting cancelling those games after your proposed time period expires y ...[text shortened]... nfair to those players still "trapped" in a previous round thro' no fault of their own.
    You don't understand what i want, i was just using timebank only tournaments as a guide to show the games that i want available for everyone to start are already played on the site. The yearly championships for example, each player is given 90 days timeback, when player A makes his move player Bs timebank starts to expire. The game can't last more than 180 days unless someone doesn't take the timeout win when given the opportunity to do so.

I want those kind of timebank only games to be available for everyone to use as regular time controls. Even 1day timeout games can and do take months to complete. Would you like the option of setting up a game that's guaranteed to finish inside a month? 15 day timebank each. I do.
  6. Wat?
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 22:53
    You don't understand what i want, i was just using timebank only tournaments as a guide to show the games that i want available for everyone to start are already played on the site. The yearly championships for example, each player is given 90 days timeback, when player A makes his move player Bs timebank starts to expire. The game can't last more than 180 da ...[text shortened]... of setting up a game that's guaranteed to finish inside a month? 15 day timebank each. I do.
    Did you actually read my last post here?

It applies to 1 hour or 2 hour games also!

-m.
  7. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 22:59
    You don't understand what i want, i was just using timebank only tournaments as a guide to show the games that i want available for everyone to start are already played on the site. The yearly championships for example, each player is given 90 days timeback, when player A makes his move player Bs timebank starts to expire. The game can't last more than 180 da ...[text shortened]... of setting up a game that's guaranteed to finish inside a month? 15 day timebank each. I do.
    Ok.Got it now.
    It'd be similar to the so called"hardcore" tournaments with no timeout period.
    Good idea.
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 23:09
    Originally posted by mikelom
    Did you actually read my last post here?

It applies to 1 hour or 2 hour games also!

-m.
    I did but i think mine explained it better 😛

Plus i wouldn't be keen on games with a shorter timebank than a few days but i can see others using it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree