1. Standard memberark13
    Enola Straight
    mouse mouse mouse
    Moves
    27 Nov '05 21:55
    There's been a lot of cheating accusations flying around. But every time x thinks y is cheating, they must inform them with a crude in-game message, then start a thread in the forums with masked accusations. Then the accussed must start their own thread telling everyone that they're just sore losers. And then if the accuser is serious, he must then forward some games to the game mods. As you can see, this cheating accusation business is A LOT of work, and work is for losers.

So that leads me to my proposal, which will revolutionize the business of cheating accusations. On the game screen, right between the "claim draw" button, and the "resign" button, there will be a "Accuse Opponent of Cheating Button." Pressing it will result in a PM being sent to the opponent you're accusing containing the words, "You're a cheating B@stard. I hate you stupid gay homos, and your stupid gay homo engines!" And if that doesn't do it for you, you can customize your cheating message to suit your content and font color preferences. In addition, a thread will automatically be started in the forums for you, if you so choose. And to top it off you'll be given an option to send the game to the Game Mods automatically.

The recipient of said accusation will be given the opition to, 1. Do nothing (this is for losers), 2. call you a "gay homo" in return, 3. Start your own thread in the forums, and/or 4. Pretend to leave site (profile will make it look like you left for a week, at which point everyone will have forgotten about it).

As you can see, this system will make it much much for both the accuser and the accused. This way both parties can do more accusing (and chess playing) in the same amount of time.
  2. Standard membercelticcountry
    Copyright ©2001-2006
    Eastbourne
    Moves
    27 Nov '05 22:35
    this is a well thought out idea and needs no further scrutiny
  3. The sky
    Moves
    27 Nov '05 22:48
    Originally posted by ark13
    There's been a lot of cheating accusations flying around. But every time x thinks y is cheating, they must inform them with a crude in-game message, then start a thread in the forums with masked accusations. Then the accussed must start their own thread telling everyone that they're just sore losers. And then if the accuser is serious, he must then forwar ...[text shortened]... sed. This way both parties can do more accusing (and chess playing) in the same amount of time.
    Lol, nice proposal. I think you should be able to choose from a number of insults, though (much like choosing a piece when promoting a pawn). Some people prefer racist or anal insults.

On a more serious note, there should really be more (and/or more easily available) information on what to do (and what not to do) when you suspect that someone is cheating. Ideally, there should be a link to this information on the game page, as many people don't read the forums or other parts of the site.
  4. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    28 Nov '05 13:35
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Lol, nice proposal. I think you should be able to choose from a number of insults, though (much like choosing a piece when promoting a pawn). Some people prefer racist or anal insults.

On a more serious note, there should really be more (and/or more easily available) information on what to do (and what not to do) when you suspect that someone is cheating. ...[text shortened]... information on the game page, as many people don't read the forums or other parts of the site.
    Also would like a random "A-Z..." thread generator.

Hit the button and a new thread starts asking for an A-Z of [random plural noun].

e.g. trees, baboons, etc.
  5. Joined
    12 Feb '05
    Moves
    28 Nov '05 18:14
    There's been a lot of cheating accusations flying around. But every time x thinks y is cheating, they must inform them with a crude in-game message, then start a thread in the forums with masked accusations. Then the accussed must start their own thread telling everyone that they're just sore losers. And then if the accuser is serious, he must then forwar ...[text shortened]... sed. This way both parties can do more accusing (and chess playing) in the same amount of time.
    As long as there will also be a "Monkey Monkey Monkey button", so I can scare you, it's all fine with me.
  6. Standard memberark13
    Enola Straight
    mouse mouse mouse
    Moves
    28 Nov '05 23:39
    Originally posted by schakuhr
    As long as there will also be a "Monkey Monkey Monkey button", so I can scare you, it's all fine with me.
    Yeah, and what would that button do? Huh?

Nordlys: You don't think 'gay homo' is the greatest insult ever? It's redunancy is only surpassed by it's immaturity.
  7. The sky
    Moves
    29 Nov '05 01:02
    Nordlys: You don't think 'gay homo' is the greatest insult ever? It's redunancy is only surpassed by it's immaturity.
    I don't say it isn't great, I am just pro-choice (ahem). Some people might prefer "black nigger" or something.
  8. Standard memberark13
    Enola Straight
    mouse mouse mouse
    Moves
    29 Nov '05 01:48
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    I don't say it isn't great, I am just pro-choice (ahem). Some people might prefer "black nigger" or something.
    Or evil republican.

Oh no, I've already said too much. *ducks down and puts on fake moustache*
  9. Standard memberRookRAK
    Out of drinks
    On Clique Beach
    Moves
    29 Nov '05 23:17

The recipient of said accusation will be given the opition to, 1. Do nothing (this is for losers), 2. call you a "gay homo" in return, 3. Start your own thread in the forums, and/or 4. Pretend to leave site (profile will make it look like you left for a week, at which point everyone will have forgotten about it) .
    How about recipient option 5. It's just like option 3 - it starts a thread claiming you've been accused, but it also claims that you are one of tommybears many logins ...
  10. Standard memberknightwest
    General of GROSS
    Calvin's Treehouse
    Moves
    30 Nov '05 00:44
    This thread has gone from bad to worse. I am amazed how it survived being deleted up to now. And since it is not being moderated I will add my own insult.

You are all a bunch of ass-thumbing rear seat gunners!

😵
  11. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    30 Nov '05 04:041 edit
    Originally posted by RookRAK
    How about recipient option 5. It's just like option 3 - it starts a thread claiming you've been accused, but it also claims that you are one of tommybears many logins ...
    And an option 6 for the defence;
    Call witnesses who can swear blind that they know you and you couldn't possibly cheat as you were a nice bloke etc etc.....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree