Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

1. Standard member mikelom
    Ajarn
    23 Dec '10 14:34
    If somebody is actively responding to a post, shouldn't it be possible to stop another response coming in first?

You know what I mean, and I can't be bothered to technically describe it.

-m.
  2. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    23 Dec '10 15:20
    Originally posted by mikelom
    If somebody is actively responding to a post, shouldn't it be possible to stop another response coming in first?

-m.
    First come, first served. Someone could start to respond, and get on the phone or FIRE BURNS THEIR HOUSE.

That would lock a thread. You could even do it on purpose, just hit reply and not post keeping the page up in the tabs.

You understand this is a very bad idea now, right?

P-
  3. Subscriber divegeester On Vacation
    Naughtius Maximus
    23 Dec '10 16:26

-m.
    But why?
  4. 23 Dec '10 23:52

-m.
    The way it works now is good enough.
  5. Standard member mikelom
    Ajarn
    24 Dec '10 06:29
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    You could even do it on purpose, just hit reply and not post keeping the page up in the tabs.
    Well I was kinda thinking along those lines, cos there are some pain in the ass posters, and we could stop em.
  6. Subscriber Very Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    14 Jan '11 04:28
    Well I was kinda thinking along those lines, cos there are some pain in the ass posters, and we could stop em.
    LOL...And at least 3 in this thread!
  7. Subscriber Ponderable
    chemist
    14 Jan '11 08:13
    Since the reply button would send a hold message to the site it would be no problem to time it out after some time, say 15 minutes.

And about the why: The thread would probably be more consistent, what ever that would be worth in these fora...