1. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    10 Jan '14 20:031 edit
    I'd like to be able to track forum threads by clicking on a checkbox on the page. Label it something like "Track this thread". Also, automatically turn tracking on if I post in a thread.

If I decide later that I don't want to track the thread anymore, I can just un-check the checkbox for tracking.

This would be invaluable if I'm in an interesting discussion that gets held up a couple days because someone got a bit too busy. Once they came back and posted, I'd immediately know it and things could continue where they left off. As it is now, I have to manually check all forums and see if any of my topics have new posts.
    When new posts appear in a tracked thread, I get a notification that there are new posts (maybe an icon to the left of the message icon?). If I click on it, it goes to a page with links to all of the threads that have new posts.
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    11 Jan '14 09:50
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I'd like to be able to track forum threads by clicking on a checkbox on the page. Label it something like "Track this thread". Also, automatically turn tracking on if I post in a thread.

If I decide later that I don't want to track the thread anymore, I can just un-check the checkbox for tracking.

This would be invaluable if I'm in an interesting ...[text shortened]... con?). If I click on it, it goes to a page with links to all of the threads that have new posts.
    great idea. How much effort would that be programing wise?
  3. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    12 Jan '14 07:08
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    great idea. How much effort would that be programing wise?
    It's not too bad. It's just a matter of checking every few minutes to see if the monitored threads have new posts.

I could do it with a greasemonkey script, but I'd be loading a few pages every 5 minutes or so. It would be better for Russ to do it on his side.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree