1. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    15 Jul '10 06:06
    I'm not talking about Latex (though it would be nice!), or images/youtube videos etc...but would it be possible to at least have some (limited) control over text size and colour (or even the ability to underline text)? Would it be difficult to implement this or are there compelling reasons to avoid it?
  2. ALG
    Moves
    15 Jul '10 11:06
    Please no, I love everything being the same size.
  3. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    15 Jul '10 12:082 edits
    Well...I'm not asking for the ability to type in 72pt comic sans in neon green; but many times I find that a smaller pointsize would allow me to divert emphasis where I want to; bolding text looks too loud sometimes whilst italics can be difficult to notice.
  4. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    15 Jul '10 12:41
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Well...I'm not asking for the ability to type in 72pt comic sans in neon green; but many times I find that a smaller pointsize would allow me to divert emphasis where I want to; bolding text looks too loud sometimes whilst italics can be difficult to notice.
    ...make the italics bold?
  5. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    15 Jul '10 12:491 edit
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    ...make the italics bold?
    That's ok for some cases, it might just be me but sometimes I want to add in a point sometimes that is there for completeness but is a distraction from my main dialogue. Short of putting footnotes in my posts I think having the option to go a pt size smaller is useful.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    15 Jul '10 13:54
    "Additional formatting options for the forums?" would turn RHP Forums into a kindergarten. I say no.
  7. ALG
    Moves
    16 Jul '10 12:30
    What I'm afraid of is, that everyone will have his own text colour and size. Very confusing.
    Confusing indeed, not handy. I don't need to recognise the poster by its colour, for the name is displayed.

I understand italics are not enough. I never see them (my eyes šŸ™), but underlining is a good solution.
  8. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateā„¢
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    16 Jul '10 13:34
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Would it be difficult to implement this...
    It wouldn't be if Russ goes for my TinyMCE suggestion - Thread 131054

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree