1. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 06:15
    Could there be an option to change the default behaviour (exactly like the after move options really) so I can view the thread (on the current page) after posting in it.

This would assist people using the RHP forum greasemonkey script (currently it will claim I haven't read a thread when I have the last post as I haven't 'viewed' the thread) and also allow people to easily see if they had been beaten to the punch or made a stupid error (or had a site issue steal something [aka the < then number problem]).

I'm sure some people prefer the setup the way it is but I for one would like the option to have it a different way.
  2. The sky
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 10:08
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Could there be an option to change the default behaviour (exactly like the after move options really) so I can view the thread (on the current page) after posting in it.

This would assist people using the RHP forum greasemonkey script (currently it will claim I haven't read a thread when I have the last post as I haven't 'viewed' the thread) and also al ...[text shortened]... fer the setup the way it is but I for one would like the option to have it a different way.
    After I post in a thread, I am automatically taken to my post, and ouroboros' script works, too. Are you talking about starting a thread, rather than posting in an existing thread?
  3. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 10:43
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    After I post in a thread, I am automatically taken to my post, and ouroboros' script works, too. Are you talking about starting a thread, rather than posting in an existing thread?
    It takes you to the first page of a thread if you post in one and the thread list if you post a thread.

What I (personally) would prefer was if it went to the last page of thread (the first obviously in the case of starting a thread) instead. Of course this may not be to everyone's taste so the option of changing it makes sense.

I suppose it could take you to the page which you hit reply on which would be less work as it's already stored (when you hit reply you get frompage=X in the address of the page you reply on).
  4. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 14:31
    It takes you to the first page of a thread if you post in one...
    That's odd. I just stepped into the first page of a thread here in Site Ideas, and posted a reply to the first post. When posting I was sent to the last page of that thread and scrolled down to my post.

???
  5. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 15:55
    Originally posted by stocken
    That's odd. I just stepped into the first page of a thread here in Site Ideas, and posted a reply to the first post. When posting I was sent to the last page of that thread and scrolled down to my post.

???
    Same, same for me.

D
  6. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 17:55
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Same, same for me.

D
    Same here
  7. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 19:45
    Strange, it's doing that for me now as well. The only time it doesn't go to the post made is when starting a thread.
  8. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 20:43
    Strange, it's doing that for me now as well. The only time it doesn't go to the post made is when starting a thread.
    Oy, give me back my rec! I also thought you went back to page 1 after posting in a multipage thread.
  9. The sky
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 21:05
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    Oy, give me back my rec! I also thought you went back to page 1 after posting in a multipage thread.
    What's wrong with you guys? I have always been taken to the last post. If this has ever been different, it must have been before I joined TFC.
  10. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    16 Mar '06 07:381 edit
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    I bet Russ changed it secretly to mess with me.
    What about when you alert a post, perhaps that should return you the page you came from rather than the first page?

(grasping at straws)

EDIT: Clicking on a recommended post link (the thread title under each post) should send you to the page it's on rather than the beginning of the thread.
  11. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    16 Mar '06 10:32
    Clicking on a recommended post link (the thread title under each post) should send you to the page it's on rather than the beginning of the thread.
    Now, that is something I've been noticing too. It's really annoying if it's a huge thread, to have to wad through a vast amount of pages to get to the recommended post.

I think the same should be true with profiles. So, if I'm curious about a specific members public posts, I step in there, I read something I want to see in context, I click... well, same thing really so no meaning in repeating myself here...

No meaning in... 😞😵🙂😞😴
  12. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    17 Mar '06 00:37
    EDIT: Clicking on a recommended post link (the thread title under each post) should send you to the page it's on rather than the beginning of the thread.
    Also, when you recommend a post, the page should load to the post you recommended, not the top of the page.

D
  13. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 00:56
    Am I going insane or has this been implemented as well?
  14. Forgotten
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 01:271 edit
    Getting there is half the fun. 😀
  15. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 15:58
    Its the same as always.

D

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree