1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    22 Sep '09 14:48
    why can't we edit the post we're alerting just like when replying to a normal post?

ok you would have to fix it so we cant add anything to the alerted post but we really need an edit function for all those blah blah BOOM blah blah blah posts we want to alert.
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    22 Sep '09 16:21
    Are you trying to be funny/stupid again?
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    22 Sep '09 18:29
    Originally posted by trev33
    why can't we edit the post we're alerting just like when replying to a normal post?

ok you would have to fix it so we cant add anything to the alerted post but we really need an edit function for all those blah blah BOOM blah blah blah posts we want to alert.
    Eminently sensible idea, would save the mod from having to plough through many lines of text to find the one or two words complained of. Just the ability to bold the offending words would be great.
  4. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    22 Sep '09 18:41
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Eminently sensible idea, would save the mod from having to plough through many lines of text to find the one or two words complained of. Just the ability to bold the offending words would be great.
    Well that does make sense.
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    22 Sep '09 18:42
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Are you trying to be funny/stupid again?
    i don't have to try to be stupid.
  6. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateā„¢
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    22 Sep '09 21:03
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I would imagine the Mods would like to read the entire alerted post in it's original context, not just a brief edited version.
  7. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    23 Sep '09 08:41
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    I would imagine the Mods would like to read the entire alerted post in it's original context, not just a brief edited version.
    A mod who's doing the job properly would have to read the posts immediately preceding the offending one as well. For that they still have to go back to the thread.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree