1. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    10 Jan '07 15:201 edit
    I was looking at the FAQ and it says

Question What can I do about an offensive post in the forums?
    FAQ

Answer Just click the 'Alert Moderator' link below the offending post. The post may be removed automatically, or one of the site moderators will take action if required. Posts containing obscene language will always be hidden.

There is no such button on any forum whether I'm logged in or out. Can anyone else confirm this?
  2. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    10 Jan '07 15:26
    Originally posted by z00t
    I was looking at the FAQ and it says

Question[b]What can I do about an offensive post in the forums?
    FAQ

AnswerJust click the 'Alert Moderator' link below the offending post. The post may be removed automatically, or one of the site moderators will take action if required. Posts containing obscene language will always be hidden.[/ ...[text shortened]... re is no such button on any forum whether I'm logged in or out. Can anyone else confirm this?
    It is next to 'reply quote' at the bottom of each post. It might be a subscriber only feature though, can't remember... 😉
  3. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    10 Jan '07 15:31
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    It is next to 'reply quote' at the bottom of each post. It might be a subscriber only feature though, can't remember... 😉
    You're correct, it is subscriber only.
    Apparently non-subs can't be offended.

I used to pm a mod in the past but I can't be arsed anymore so I just go to the next thread.
  4. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    10 Jan '07 15:48
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    You're correct, it is subscriber only.
    Apparently non-subs can't be offended.

I used to pm a mod in the past but I can't be arsed anymore so I just go to the next thread.
    Moderating the forums is time consuming enough i would imagine. Non-subs out number subs by the hundreds. Admin would rather keep the subs happy, for obvious reasons...
  5. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    10 Jan '07 15:53
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    Admin would rather keep the subs happy, for obvious reasons...
    That's not the reason.

Tell me how easy it is to start 6 accounts, and alert every post that I want. The place would be chaotic.

D
  6. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    11 Jan '07 08:31
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    That's not the reason.

Tell me how easy it is to start 6 accounts, and alert every post that I want. The place would be chaotic.

D
    There are plenty of more interesting ways to get banned.

What exactly would the spoof account holders be gaining by doing the multi-alert thing?
  7. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    11 Jan '07 11:22
    There are plenty of more interesting ways to get banned.

What exactly would the spoof account holders be gaining by doing the multi-alert thing?
    He could probably remove every post by some user that he had a set against, before the user got removed?

Logical gain doesn't really come into it, as far as I'm concerned. If something can be abused easily, then, online at least, somebody will abuse it.

D
  8. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    11 Jan '07 12:432 edits
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    He could probably remove every post by some user that he had a set against, before the user got removed?

Surely precautions could be put in place to prevent that.

I think it's just easier how it is at present - but not necessarily better.

My opinion:
    Offensive posts should be removed manually by mods - if they don't have time, more mods should be signed up - after all it costs nothing to get another mod or two, does it? [A minimum of 2 mods attached to each forum are needed I reckon]
  9. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    11 Jan '07 12:49
    Surely precautions could be put in place to prevent that.

I think it's just easier how it is at present - but not necessarily better.
    Perhaps Russ should consider a way to 'grant' Non-Scum sub subs like yourself alert privilages.

P-
  10. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    11 Jan '07 12:53
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Perhaps Russ should consider a way to 'grant' Non-Scum sub subs like yourself alert privilages.

P-
    Too right mate! 😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree