1. Joined
    04 Jul '07
    Moves
    06 Aug '07 17:33
    Originally posted by MissOleum
    I think Russ and Chris, and those people who make the decisions about how the site works, do a brilliant job of keeping most of the people reasonably happy most of the time. What more could you expect?
    I think we can all agree that the site works reasonably well as it is. Most of us are paying for subscriptions, and we're all continuing to come back to the site, etc.

However, I will point out that this is a forum called 'Site Ideas'. If the response to every suggestion is going to be, "things work reasonably well the way they are" (which I'm sure is usually true), there's really no need for this forum.

It seems some people here feel it's some kind of personal insult to the site if a suggestion is made, and there's really no need to take it that way.
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    07 Aug '07 10:15
    Originally posted by incandenza
    Right now it seems that tournament games that time out (or even are resigned...?) before 2 moves are played on each side are not rated. I suggest that this is bad because it allows you to just sign up for every tournament in sight, and then decide later whether you really want to play--if not, just let all the games time out and there's no consequence to ...[text shortened]... ying the games. So I suggest these games should always be rated, even with fewer than 3 moves.
    I disagree completely.

Tournaments can take years to complete here. Resigning at the start of a round is a nice way to exit without losing rating points.

A lot of the site ideas in here seem to want to punish people whose real life may mean they can't commit the same amount of time to the site as they previously were able to. I don't get it. Isn't this site supposed to be a leisurely diversion, and not a chore?

D

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree