An idea for My Games page

An idea for My Games page

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

m
popping in...

Durham, UK

Moves
23 Sep 04
1 edit

I posted this in the Developers Forum, but maybe this would have been a better place....

Not sure if this has ever been mentioned before, but I'll give it a go.

Basically, I was wondering if it would be possible for the My Games page of RHP to automatically refresh every, say 5-10 mins, or even every 30 mins. Not only this, but if the title bar at the top of the webpage (i.e. RedHotPawn.com - Online Chess)could be altered to reflect whether any games require moving in. This would be beneficial to people who leave a window or tab open on their desktop whilst doing other stuff, without having to manually refer back to the webpage every so often.

A similar thing is done on the Gmail inbox page - the tile bar changing to Gmail - Inbox (x) where x is the number of unread e-mails. Maybe the title bar could read RedHotPawn.com - My Games (x) x being number of games to move in. I have absolutely no idea how difficult this would be, or whether it would consume uber-bandwidth, but it was just an idea.

Mark

ps If anyone wants a gmail account let me know - i have loads of invites left.

CC
Sparky

Hendersonville, NC

Moves
23 Sep 04

Originally posted by mmanuel
I posted this in the Developers Forum, but maybe this would have been a better place....

Basically, I was wondering if it would be possible for the My Games page of RHP to automatically refresh every, say 5-10 mins, or even every 30 mins. Not only this, but if the title bar at the ...[text shortened]... dea.

Mark

What is a gmail account?

~ Cheshire Cat 😀

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
23 Sep 04

Originally posted by Cheshire Cat
What is a gmail account?
Google for google... 🙄
You don't know it?
https://gmail.google.com/
th

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
23 Sep 04

Originally posted by mmanuel

Basically, I was wondering if it would be possible for the My Games page of RHP to automatically refresh every, say 5-10 mins, or even every 30 mins. Not only this, but if the title bar at the ...[text shortened]... dea.

Mark

To answer your post, this has been discussed b4, but you can't refresh as you say(due to server load), and it would have to be done with some kind of system tray plugin, which Russ had in development, but I think he let it lie. Don't know what the future of this is, but I defo think it is a good idea.

D

d

Brooklyn, NY

Moves
25 Sep 04

Firefox (and co) have an auto-refresh option to reload tabs every "x" minutes.

All that's then needed is for the title to be changed to make that useful.

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
26 Sep 04

Originally posted by dsb3
Firefox (and co) have an auto-refresh option to reload tabs every "x" minutes.

All that's then needed is for the title to be changed to make that useful.
I think Russ will not be very happy to read that...
th