1. Joined
    28 Jun '01
    Moves
    22 Jul '08 17:37
    When using the Analyze Board, I think it would be helpful to have a function that would note your moves as you do your analysis. A player then could either copy and paste their preferred moves into the Notebook or a new magic button could export your moves into the Notebook as well.
  2. Joined
    08 Jan '08
    Moves
    22 Jul '08 23:31
    hi,
    I think thats necessary, otherwise it wouldnt be possible to review a game with the moves.
    regards.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    23 Jul '08 05:56
    The analyze board is there with the same possibilities as a regualr board that you can have besides your computer. It doesn't care about rules and therefore moves don't have to be legal.

You can move any move to any place, you can change any piece to any other piece, you can do pretty much anything. To make these moves into written moves are in those cases impossible.

I think this might be the reason. But I too,want the lines in pgn in some way, but what to do with the illegal moves...?
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    23 Jul '08 14:44
    Originally posted by vacostner
    When using the Analyze Board, I think it would be helpful to have a function that would note your moves as you do your analysis. A player then could either copy and paste their preferred moves into the Notebook or a new magic button could export your moves into the Notebook as well.
    You could use chesspad as your analyse board.

D
  5. Joined
    08 Jan '08
    Moves
    23 Jul '08 15:14
    Hi again
    good news. the site has a feature to give the pgn file or notations of a game, go to your profile, then you have the graphic of your statistics on green, and when you move your cursor on different parts of it, each part represents a game that you have played, its actually your past history game, and when you click on a specific part then it loads the selected game and there you can review or download the pgn.
    regards.
  6. Standard memberMrJohn
    A Chess Friend :-)
    Texas :-)
    Moves
    01 Aug '08 12:48
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    You could use chesspad as your analyse board.

D
    Or, my own favorite from my pre-RHP (i.e.; dial-up) days: DBSchess. :-)

Still, it *would* be nice to have this sort of thing on the RHP analysis board, too. I think we'll get it at some point. :-)
  7. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    01 Aug '08 13:53
    Originally posted by MrJohn
    Or, my own favorite from my pre-RHP (i.e.; dial-up) days: DBSchess. :-)

Still, it *would* be nice to have this sort of thing on the RHP analysis board, too. I think we'll get it at some point. :-)
    Yup, I've previously suggested that conditional moves should be integrated into the analyse board so that lines you explore can be saved, in case they come up.

D
  8. Joined
    11 Jun '08
    Moves
    12 Aug '08 01:19
    On another site, the Analysis board only allows legal moves, and as you make and retract moves, it continuously counts the material score. This is a very valuable feature. Personally, I don't need the analysis board to allow illegal moves.
  9. Joined
    28 Jun '01
    Moves
    12 Aug '08 14:40
    Originally posted by ubizmo
    On another site, the Analysis board only allows legal moves, and as you make and retract moves, it continuously counts the material score. This is a very valuable feature. Personally, I don't need the analysis board to allow illegal moves.
    Exactly what I was thinking, just said a little more eloquently. 🙂
  10. The sky
    Moves
    12 Aug '08 16:15
    Originally posted by ubizmo
    I actually like to be able to make illegal moves when analysing. I sometimes analyse sort of backwards, taking some shortcuts to a position that looks good to me and then looking at how I could get there without shortcuts and how my opponent might interfere.

The material score is already available on RHP if you use Firefox, Greasemonkey and ouroboros' scripts.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree