Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

1. Subscriber BigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    01 Aug '05 16:18
    After entering a variation on the analysis board, the user should be able to:
    - Go forward and backward through the variation using (> and (< buttons
    - Go to the beginning of the analysis (the current position in the actual game) by pressing the (|< button.
    - Go to the end of the variation using the (>|) button.

The variation should stay in memory until the user overwrites it with another variation.

My gripe with the current system is that I get a few moves into analysis and want to look at different move options, but I can't go back just one move; I have to enter the whole variation over again each time.
  2. Subscriber BigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    02 Aug '05 16:24
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    After entering a variation on the analysis board, the user should be able to:
    - Go forward and backward through the variation using ( > ) and ( < ) buttons
    - Go to the beginning of the analysis (the current position in the actual game) by pressing the ( |< ) button.
    - Go to the end of the variation using the ( >| ) button.

The variation should s ...[text shortened]... s, but I can't go back just one move; I have to enter the whole variation over again each time.
    Stupid auto-smileys!
  3. 02 Aug '05 17:13
    This is a good idea, even though i think it's been posted in another thread.

One thing that i would add, is that you could also see the pieces that are no longer on the board.
  4. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    02 Aug '05 18:40
    This was promised long ago, but development got held up.

It is coming though.

-Russ
  5. Standard member Bowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    02 Aug '05 22:23
    Originally posted by Russ
    This was promised long ago, but development got held up.

It is coming though.

-Russ
    We'll time you...