1. Joined
    04 Jun '05
    Moves
    07 Aug '07 20:38
    Is there anyway to toggle off the ability to use the analyze board during a game and/or to know that your opponent does not have the ability to use it.

I have a friend that insist on not using it and will claim I do during our games. I would like to have the ability to set the game up to not offer this option.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Joined
    04 Jul '07
    Moves
    07 Aug '07 21:17
    Even if there were such an option, there would be no way to prove you didn't just enter the moves or position into some other chess program.

If you can't just ask your friend to trust you, I don't think a technical solution is going to be much help.
  3. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    07 Aug '07 21:32
    correct, there is no way to keep someone from setting up the pieces on a different board, even an electronic one.

even more important though, is that the analysis board is an excellent tool and one that absolutely SHOULD be used. give up any notion that the analysis board is in any way a dishonorable way to play. it's the only way that makes sense in correspondence chess.
  4. Joined
    04 Jun '05
    Moves
    07 Aug '07 23:18
    Thanks, unfortunately he thinks using the analyze board is some form of cheating. Does anyone else think that?
  5. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    07 Aug '07 23:31
    Originally posted by dirt dog
    Thanks, unfortunately he thinks using the analyze board is some form of cheating. Does anyone else think that?
    No.
  6. Joined
    04 Jul '07
    Moves
    07 Aug '07 23:42
    This site is based on correspondence chess, where it would be expected that you would have a board handy to view the position (since you're sending moves back and forth through the mail), and of course you'd be able to do analysis on it as well.

If you want to avoid that, you could always go to one of the many sites that let you play live games.
  7. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    07 Aug '07 23:59
    Originally posted by incandenza
    This site is based on correspondence chess, where it would be expected that you would have a board handy to view the position (since you're sending moves back and forth through the mail), and of course you'd be able to do analysis on it as well.

If you want to avoid that, you could always go to one of the many sites that let you play live games.
    Including the Play blitz option here!
  8. UK
    Moves
    08 Aug '07 22:16
    Anyway, it doesn't always help. I just spent 20 minutes going through moves and then clicked on the wrong piece. doh.
  9. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    10 Aug '07 02:46
    Someone posted in the "Site Announcements" forum, saying that the analyze board feature was a terrible feature, and that RHP was more a blitz website and that real correspondence chess websites allowed computers.

It was both funny and completely idiotic.
  10. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    10 Aug '07 04:22
    i love the level of discourse in here at times
  11. Standard memberMrJohn
    A Chess Friend :-)
    Texas :-)
    Moves
    11 Aug '07 16:57
    Originally posted by dirt dog
    To the contrary.

For my part, I wish that the rhp analysis board had *more* functionality. Currently, I shadow all my rhp games on DBSchess, the email chess analysis tool I used before joining rhp. It works fine when I'm at my home computer; but, as a Windows rather than java program, I can't access it from any broadband connected computer like I can with my rhp games. I'd *love* to see the DBSchess level of analysis functionality on the rhp analysis board. :-)

Are there other DBSchess users here? :-)

Thx! :-)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree