1. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Nov '06 20:581 edit
    ...i would like to see the mods to have the ability to set up a set of seperate games...rated or unrated...make no difference to me ( since i have such a low rating )...where they post a tourney of ancient games...which is to set up an old famous game...in mid-play...say the 11th
    move...and one chooses black or white without knowing the set-up of the game..then one plays thru on their own...the name of the ancient game and who played black or white and who won and perhaps even the game
    itself..by move....would be revealed only at the end of the tourney...so how
    about an "ancient game" feature....( will you send me a pizza coupon for this idea russ...i will accept domino's even though i think it is a cheap brand...i eat any kind of cheap pizza )...
  2. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    29 Nov '06 21:461 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Nov '06 22:04
    ...oh...from my brain it is simple...just pick out a famous chess game..the
    mods ( those that have access to the site in greater detail than we low folk )
    would set up a game up the 10th move..then it would be like tournament..you could join to play the game...all playing the same game...then there would be one winner and at the end the name of the famous game, who played black and who played white would be told and the actual game of those players would be listed by move and it would be
    fun to see if you won as the original winner did and then with your game history and theres both listed you could see how the historical player and yourself diverged in the game...i don't know much about computers but i
    know that games can be set up and loaded to a certain move...i sugges mods and russ is problaby too busy to do it and if there are several mods as i think there are we could have three of four of these games a month...and they could just be for fun..no rating to them...
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    30 Nov '06 00:53
    Originally posted by reinfeld
    ...oh...from my brain it is simple...just pick out a famous chess game..the
    mods ( those that have access to the site in greater detail than we low folk )
    would set up a game up the 10th move..then it would be like tournament..you could join to play the game...all playing the same game...then there would be one winner and at the end the name of the famous ...[text shortened]... ave three of four of these games a month...and they could just be for fun..no rating to them...
    Actually, forum and game mods don't have that much info that would help them spot these great games. There are a lot of users here at RHP that spot stuff very quick, and any of them could help you find some good games for your idea.

Ever notice how someone will post a FEN and ask advice, and some RHP user comes in and tells them not to talk about a game in progress, or even find the original user of said FEN position... lots of users here at RHP are able to find things I would have never figured out, and they don't need to be a mod to do it.

If you have an idea for this, just ask... many of the users here can probably find what you're looking for, and it's up to Russ to let you run a tourney. There is one started in the sports forum you might even want to check out.

Thread 56838

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree