1. Joined
    19 Feb '15
    Moves
    05 Mar '21 00:33
    Is this a feature? I have the iPhone app. I change the preferences to stop the annoying "someone moved" prompts. And it changes back when I close the app.

If I cannot change this, I ll delete the app. Is there a way to save preferences?

M
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    05 Mar '21 00:382 edits
    @MarkLewandoski

I just reproduced this same problem on an iPhone 7.

I'll investigate fully tomorrow and update here.

As this is an app specific setting (not recorded in the "cloud" ), it could require a new release of the app to fix. Unfortunately, Apple do not make it easy to rush out new builds, so this could take a little while. Having said that, if you are prepared to join the beta for any app update, you would get access to it earlier.
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    05 Mar '21 18:03
    This bug has now been fixed in development.

It will take a couple of weeks to filter through to production. A few other updates need to be merged in before release too.

The bug was actually introduced when setting sensible defaults for people upgrading from older versions of the app in 2018! This was erroneously triggering on a cold app launch, resetting preferences, as you discovered.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree