1. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    887846
    04 Jan '09 17:59
    Clan matches, especially, should auto start or disappear by default after a certain period of time.

    As a clan leader, I'm watching stale challenges just sit there and don't know whether to delete them or wait awhile longer.

    I could send a message asking if the other clan intends to accept or not, and may just be waiting for a better time, but then it's possible that they accept at a terrible time for our clan.

    Auto start default could be that a challenge that is not rejected will start automatically after 15 or 30 days.

    Auto rejection could be the same. Either way, the leaders would have a better idea where they stand.

    It's no big deal, but for now, I have to push the Withdraw button when I haven't heard anything, and I'm not sure when it's the right time to do that.

    Suggestions are welcome.
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10260
    04 Jan '09 18:19
    Originally posted by coquette
    Clan matches, especially, should auto start or disappear by default after a certain period of time.

    As a clan leader, I'm watching stale challenges just sit there and don't know whether to delete them or wait awhile longer.

    I could send a message asking if the other clan intends to accept or not, and may just be waiting for a better time, but then it' ...[text shortened]... ything, and I'm not sure when it's the right time to do that.

    Suggestions are welcome.
    the thing about that is that the clan leader could go awol and leave the auto start on and people start to challenge his/her clan with ridiculous challenges that automatically get started after 15 days. i bet the members of his clan wouldn't be to happy about playing in a challenge they wouldn't win.

    the whole point of being a leader is that you have to make the should i keep the challenge or delete it decisions.
  3. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    887846
    04 Jan '09 18:43
    Originally posted by trev33
    the thing about that is that the clan leader could go awol and leave the auto start on and people start to challenge his/her clan with ridiculous challenges that automatically get started after 15 days. i bet the members of his clan wouldn't be to happy about playing in a challenge they wouldn't win.

    the whole point of being a leader is that you have to make the should i keep the challenge or delete it decisions.
    Good point.

    A second default option is then recommended. Just as days to move and time outs are set by default, so could auto starts and auto rejects.

    Thus, as clan leader, in the settings I could choose:

    auto reject all challenges after X days (the setting could be viewed exactly as the current move settings are shown)

    fair enough?
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10260
    04 Jan '09 18:51
    Originally posted by coquette
    Good point.

    A second default option is then recommended. Just as days to move and time outs are set by default, so could auto starts and auto rejects.

    Thus, as clan leader, in the settings I could choose:

    auto reject all challenges after X days (the setting could be viewed exactly as the current move settings are shown)

    fair enough?
    i don't really see the point tbh, it doesn't really matter if a challenge is left not started or not. you can choose to delete it or simply leave it and if it does eventually come back deal with it but if it doesn't just let it rot away with the other challenges.

    whats the harm in just leaving it?
  5. Standard memberLukerik
    Stick your hands up
    Your bum
    Joined
    26 Jul '07
    Moves
    28451
    04 Jan '09 19:01
    I hear what you're saying Miss C but there's another problem in that when a members goes unavailable another member defaults into their place. This could lead to some funny matchups.

    I think there would definitely need to be an option to disable to auto. Personally I just withdraw challenges periodically.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35579
    06 Jan '09 19:45
    Originally posted by coquette
    Good point.

    A second default option is then recommended. Just as days to move and time outs are set by default, so could auto starts and auto rejects.

    Thus, as clan leader, in the settings I could choose:

    auto reject all challenges after X days (the setting could be viewed exactly as the current move settings are shown)

    fair enough?
    I could get behind this.

    Maybe both.

    Auto-start and auto-reject.

    If you never want your games auto-started, just set your auto-start days higher than your auto-reject days, and vice versa.
Back to Top