1. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    07 Oct '04 21:26
    Lots of hard feelings with T/O's. Some do it, some dont. Some will do it with vacation icons up, some wont. How about, along with the 1,3,5,7,14,21,day options and various timebank options, the Auto T/O? It could be inserted by a person when they create an open invite, and if the challenger agrees the game would auto T/O if either party overstepped the time limit. I would think this would solve a lot of hard feelings.Anyone got any input on this?
  2. Standard memberArther
    The Turtle Hermit
    Turtle Island
    Moves
    08 Oct '04 01:52
    I like the idea; but, why stop there? How's about tournaments with that feature as well? (The so-called auto time-out there depends on when someone (like Russ) can get to it; so, it can be kind of +/-.)
  3. Brooklyn, NY
    Moves
    11 Oct '04 14:56
    Excellent idea.

4. Standard membergumbie
    The man himself
    Totally lost
    Moves
    11 Oct '04 22:42
    How about auto time-outs on all games.

With 30 days a year clock stopping vacation for non-tournament games.
  5. UK
    Moves
    12 Oct '04 08:50
    Originally posted by gumbie
    How about auto time-outs on all games.

With 30 days a year clock stopping vacation for non-tournament games.
    How about no thanks?

I rarely want to time out an opponent for the sake of it, I'd prefer to have the choice not to.
  6. Standard membergumbie
    The man himself
    Totally lost
    Moves
    12 Oct '04 09:49
    Originally posted by mrmist
    How about no thanks?

I rarely want to time out an opponent for the sake of it, I'd prefer to have the choice not to.
    OK. Well how about 30 days a year clock stopping vacation on non-tournament games without auto time-outs.

It would make the system harder to abuse and mean I personally wouldn't have to make a decision on the validity of an individuals vacation flag.

And please don't come back at me with "I'm away for 5 days a month" If you are away for five days a month then play only games with at least a 7 day timeout 😉

7. UK
    Moves
    12 Oct '04 13:17
    Originally posted by gumbie
    OK. Well how about 30 days a year clock stopping vacation on non-tournament games without auto time-outs.

It would make the system harder to abuse and mean I personally wouldn't have to make a decision on the validity of an individuals vacation flag.

And please don't come back at me with "I'm away for 5 days a month" If you are away for five days a month then play only games with at least a 7 day timeout 😉

If anything, I would come back by saying that I don't see a problem with the system as it is now.

If you make the flag stop the clocks, it becomes *more* abusable than it is now, not less.
  8. Standard membergumbie
    The man himself
    Totally lost
    Moves
    12 Oct '04 21:50
    I'm glad we agree 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree