1. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    21 Sep '12 16:25
    For anyone called "Ronald".

I think this would improve the quality of the forums enormously and cut down the number of cheats by a significant amount as well.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Sep '12 14:43
    Originally posted by Fat Lady

I think this would improve the quality of the forums enormously and cut down the number of cheats by a significant amount as well.
    I can't think who you are referring to but I wholeheartedly agree.
  3. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 13:13

How about automatic bans for any coward who makes accusations of cheating without being specific or providing evidence?

Richard
  4. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 13:56
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    How about automatic bans for any coward who makes accusations of cheating without being specific or providing evidence?

Richard
    I say, either enforce both rules [no cheating and no public cheating accusations] or neither.
  5. e4
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 16:25
    The no cheating rule is already in force.
    Unfortunatley dropping hints and going public seems the only way to highlight it.
  6. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 08:47
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue

Richard
    What are you talking about? There's a whole thread in the chess forum (somewhere) which has data galore concerning 'Ronald' and his chess prowess?!
  7. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 11:37

Just to make a point:

I throwwothclocks (Ronald) is not a cheat and shouldn't be banned.

His posting in forums seems to be negligeable also.

And of course I have an idea about the person you are aiming at, but this is not a good way to do it.
  8. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    27 Sep '12 10:19
    Alas, it's the only way.

The first thing which struck me when Ronald Stagg started posting and it became clear that his real playing ability was light years behind the way he performs in games on this site was that his first name was the same as the notorious Weyerfritz. The latter stayed on the site for years after it was clear to everyone that he was a cheat. Mr Stagg is more noticeable because of his activity on the forums, so hopefully he'll be booted a little sooner.
  9. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    27 Sep '12 14:52
    Alas, it's the only way.

The first thing which struck me when Ronald Stagg started posting and it became clear that his real playing ability was light years behind the way he performs in games on this site was that his first name was the same as the notorious Weyerfritz. The latter stayed on the site for years after it was clear to everyone that he was a ...[text shortened]... oticeable because of his activity on the forums, so hopefully he'll be booted a little sooner.
    The admins don't care evidently, and that's a shame.
  10. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    27 Sep '12 20:32

I don't think I've ever seen a post with more thumbs-up.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Sep '12 21:52

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

12. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    27 Sep '12 23:19

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    27 Sep '12 23:22
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    'Widely regarded' eh...

Have a look at any 'slow to fill' tourney...there is 'usually' a reason other than mere time frame. Also, another scenario, a tourney is 'filling up nicely \ steadily' and then a certain player enters...over the next few hours you'll find the 'field' dwindling at an alarming rate...naturally it makes you wonder why 😉
  14. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    27 Sep '12 23:39
    Alas, it's the only way.

The first thing which struck me when Ronald Stagg started posting and it became clear that his real playing ability was light years behind the way he performs in games on this site was that his first name was the same as the notorious Weyerfritz. The latter stayed on the site for years after it was clear to everyone that he was a ...[text shortened]... oticeable because of his activity on the forums, so hopefully he'll be booted a little sooner.
    I see Ron Stagg has just beaten kingshill. I might have to run that one though the box tomorrow. 🙂
  15. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    28 Sep '12 11:11
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I see Ron Stagg has just beaten kingshill. I might have to run that one though the box tomorrow. 🙂
    Not much point really, we all know what the results will be. I believe kingshill's real life grade is lower than that of the now banned seadevil. Both perfectly good club-level players, but a level or two below the like of David Tebb and Northern Lad. Stagg seems to be a below average club player from what I've seen of his OTB games and the comments he makes in the chess forum.

There seems to be a campaign of giving all of Stagg's posts the thumbs down, even the perfectly innocuous ones. This seems like an excellent idea to me, it would be the online equivalent of symbolically turning our backs to him!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree