1. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    29 Sep '16 10:02
    Why when there are two king left on the chessboard is the game not automatically declared a draw by the system?



    this game is apparently still in progress, what gives?
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    515803
    29 Sep '16 10:34
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Why when there are two king left on the chessboard is the game not automatically declared a draw by the system?

    [pgn][Event "Clan challenge"] [Site "http://www.timeforchess.com"] [Date "2016.07.03"] [Round "?"] [White "Speeball"] [Black "Zrock"] [WhiteRating "1130"] [BlackRating "1047"] [WhiteElo "1130"] [BlackElo "1047"] [Result "*"] [GameId "117 ...[text shortened]... 1 63. Qe1xe2 Qd1xe2 64. Kf2xe2 *[/pgn]

    this game is apparently still in progress, what gives?
    I had the Situation, when my Opponent did not accept my draw offer after I took the last figure. So I claimed the draw the next move. That works.
  3. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    29 Sep '16 11:01
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    I had the Situation, when my Opponent did not accept my draw offer after I took the last figure. So I claimed the draw the next move. That works.
    ok thanks but I get the feeling that the server should declare it automatically.
  4. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Joined
    14 Nov '09
    Moves
    343273
    29 Sep '16 22:52
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    ok thanks but I get the feeling that the server should declare it automatically.
    you just have to hit one button to claim a draw, don't be lazy

    you seem able to hit the accept collusion clan challenges button without any problem
  5. SubscriberBigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    bigdogghouse.com/RHP
    Joined
    26 Nov '04
    Moves
    113070
    30 Sep '16 02:52
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    ok thanks but I get the feeling that the server should declare it automatically.
    Yes, it should, as well as only K and minor piece vs only K.
  6. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    01 Oct '16 15:01
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Yes, it should, as well as only K and minor piece vs only K.
    look at this game for goodness sake, look at the ending, there were two kings left on the board and black moved, he seems oblivious.

  7. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Joined
    14 Nov '09
    Moves
    343273
    02 Oct '16 07:55
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    look at this game for goodness sake, look at the ending, there were two kings left on the board and black moved, he seems oblivious.

    [pgn][Event "Clan challenge"] [Site "http://www.timeforchess.com"] [Date "2016.07.03"] [Round "?"] [White "Speeball"] [Black "Zrock"] [WhiteRating "1130"] [BlackRating "1069"] [WhiteElo "1130"] [BlackElo "1069"] [Res ...[text shortened]... a7a2 60. Kd5e4 Qa2c2 61. Ke4xf3 Qc2d3 62. Kf3f2 Qd3d1 63. Qe1xe2 Qd1xe2 64. Kf2xe2 Kd8d7 *[/pgn]
    unlike over the board on RHP a player can still win a game in such a position, timeout will win on here
  8. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Joined
    20 Jan '09
    Moves
    316657
    02 Oct '16 23:50
    Originally posted by roma45
    unlike over the board on RHP a player can still win a game in such a position, timeout will win on here
    Doesn't timeout apply to OTB games where time controls are used?
  9. SubscriberBigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    bigdogghouse.com/RHP
    Joined
    26 Nov '04
    Moves
    113070
    05 Oct '16 08:18
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Doesn't timeout apply to OTB games where time controls are used?
    Sure, but the point is that OTB, no one having only a K can win on time. They only get a draw when the opponent's time runs out.
  10. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    515803
    09 Oct '16 06:06
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Sure, but the point is that OTB, no one having only a K can [b]win on time. They only get a draw when the opponent's time runs out.[/b]
    I think this has been established some time back, that a timeout with insufficient material is a draw.
  11. Northamptonshire, UK
    Joined
    08 Dec '10
    Moves
    100192
    18 Oct '16 06:26
    Same applies to King + Knight v lone King and King + Bishop v King.

    FW
  12. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    6859
    18 Oct '16 13:13
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    I think this has been established some time back, that a timeout with insufficient material is a draw.
    More than that, OTB insufficient material to mate even with an opponent blunder (as in the two kings case) means an immediate draw, no claim required or even possible.
  13. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    515803
    18 Nov '16 17:07
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    More than that, OTB insufficient material to mate even with an opponent blunder (as in the two kings case) means an immediate draw, no claim required or even possible.
    So somebody is going though the game note and declares the draw after one of the opponents gave up?

    No. You still have to Claim the draw OtB. You have to see it is the case and Claim it to be. You can imidiately stop the clocks and fetch the arbiter if the Opponent won't believe you.
  14. SubscriberBigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    bigdogghouse.com/RHP
    Joined
    26 Nov '04
    Moves
    113070
    19 Nov '16 17:11
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    So somebody is going though the game note and declares the draw after one of the opponents gave up?

    No. You still have to Claim the draw OtB. You have to see it is the case and Claim it to be. You can imidiately stop the clocks and fetch the arbiter if the Opponent won't believe you.
    Actually, yes.

    I personally had a result reversed OTB on appeal.

    To be blunt, at the FIDE level, not one of the players is so ignorant as to play on, or give up, when a situation such as this occurs. That only occurs on RHP with really weak players.
Back to Top