1. Blighty
    Moves
    05 Sep '12 11:48
    Hi,

I am slowly trying to work my way up the ladder but have noticed many games where either one or both players in a game have left the site. Where I have noticed that both players have gone I've contacted admin (admittedly only in the last few days) to see if the game can be cleared. Obviously if only one player has left then not taking the skull can be beneficial if it is you that is being challenged as it stops anyone else from coming after you.

If there was an automatic time-out (maybe a week after a skull appears) then it would help keep the ladder moving for all of us playing here still.

Further, if someone has not moved on the site for 6 months or so, could they also be removed from the ladder? It would shorten the ladder to get rid of the 'dead wood'.

Just a couple of thoughts - sorry if the idea has been suggested before.

Thanks
    S
  2. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    05 Sep '12 13:18
    Originally posted by Surtism
    Hi,

I am slowly trying to work my way up the ladder but have noticed many games where either one or both players in a game have left the site. Where I have noticed that both players have gone I've contacted admin (admittedly only in the last few days) to see if the game can be cleared. Obviously if only one player has left then not taking the skull can ...[text shortened]... od'.

Just a couple of thoughts - sorry if the idea has been suggested before.

Thanks
    S
    Well, you query if this has been asked before and, sadly, it has...here's one from a 'cohort' of mine from back in 2010.

Thread 134747

You MUST pursue 'feedback' if any issue affects your own games... I personally would post here whilst also pursuing the same feedback route if it did affect my own.
  3. Blighty
    Moves
    05 Sep '12 21:15
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    Well, you query if this has been asked before and, sadly, it has...here's one from a 'cohort' of mine from back in 2010.

Thread 134747

You MUST pursue 'feedback' if any issue affects your own games... I personally would post here whilst also pursuing the same feedback route if it did affect my own.
    That thread appears to have been ignored entirely, is it so hard to have the programming prepared to have automatic timeouts?
  4. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 13:40
    Originally posted by Surtism
    That thread appears to have been ignored entirely, is it so hard to have the programming prepared to have automatic timeouts?
    No, I wouldn't imagine it's rocket science to include 'something' in the programming..the site is undergoing somewhat of an upheaval, programming wise however, and due any time 'soon'...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree