1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    05 Jan '09 21:27
    self explanatory thread title.

in otb tournament play when the clock runs dead the game is over, i think it should be like that here with tournament and all clan and league games.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    05 Jan '09 21:45
    Originally posted by trev33

in otb tournament play when the clock runs dead the game is over, i think it should be like that here with tournament and all clan and league games.
    "...when the clock runs dead the game is over..."
    No, not true.

The game is over when one of the players discovers that the time is out, and declares himself as a winner. If he doesn't and both times runs out, then he is not the winner.

So the game is not lost exactly when the time is out, but when the opponent discovers the skull and click it. As it should be.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Jan '09 06:403 edits

In an over the board game there would be very few players would tell you that their flag had fallen. You have to see it and point it out.

Only way we can do this is to click the skull.

Also some games are played for fun and people don't click on the skull at all the opponent then still has 2 days I think it is to move.
    I know you said for clan and tourney games, but if done, it may have to be done for all?
  4. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    06 Jan '09 22:18
    It should be part of the conditional moves options for games, that way you can specify exactly which games should auto-timeout.
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    06 Jan '09 22:28
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    It should be part of the conditional moves options for games, that way you can specify exactly which games should auto-timeout.
    and maybe it should take 10 mins or so before coming into affect.

2 days is a long time before a game is auto timed out, it doesn't take 20 mins in otb play before someone realizes the clock is dead.
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 Jan '09 00:50
    and maybe it should take 10 mins or so before coming into affect.

2 days is a long time before a game is auto timed out, it doesn't take 20 mins in otb play before someone realizes the clock is dead.
    In over the board tournaments you can have 1 1/2 hours for first 30 moves then 1hr. to finish up the game. You would suprised how many people don't get those 30 moves in before the 1 1/2hrs. is up, and it is up to the opponent to point it out. I have seen both players miss it and just play on, it does happen. You get so caught up in the game, you sometimes forget about the time.

Less likely to happen to seasoned OTB players for sure.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree