1. Joined
    22 Mar '11
    Moves
    06 Sep '13 18:43
    Are there automatic timeouts in any tournaments? Is there any way to know if they exist? It seems that for some (like the Championship) which has an explicit time to ensure only so much time for a game there would be one, however even in the Championship there are games where the person has timed out, the opponent has not claimed and the game goes on. It seems that if there are or are not automatic time outs, it should be somehow indicated.
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    06 Sep '13 22:03
    Originally posted by wsossin
    Are there automatic timeouts in any tournaments? Is there any way to know if they exist? It seems that for some (like the Championship) which has an explicit time to ensure only so much time for a game there would be one, however even in the Championship there are games where the person has timed out, the opponent has not claimed and the game goes on. It seems that if there are or are not automatic time outs, it should be somehow indicated.
    Pasted from faq:-
    Tournament games are unique on Red Hot Pawn because they are subject to automated timeouts. Due to the nature of tournaments, they can take a very long time to complete. so to accelerate the games an automated timeout is run periodically. This will force a timeout if an opponent has decided to not claim the win himself or herself. A 2 day grace period is offered on top of the standard timeout period in which the opponent may claim the win.
  3. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    06 Sep '13 23:56
    Originally posted by venda
    Tournament games are unique on Red Hot Pawn because they are subject to automated timeouts. Due to the nature of tournaments, they can take a very long time to complete. so to accelerate the games an automated timeout is run periodically. This will force a timeout if an opponent has decided to not claim the win himself or herself. A 2 day gr ...[text shortened]... period is offered on top of the standard timeout period in which the opponent may claim the win.
    League do also Dave, they operate slightly differently though...don;t move at all and you'll be auto timed out after the following sequence; firstly add the time out, say 3Days, then add the timebank, say 7Days...add those up ( 10Days ) plus the original timebank once again, maybe we call this the 'grace period' ( that's 10+7=17 Days ) and that's the auto time out date after the league starts. Again that's assuming no original move, the whole timeout system will obviously elongate if moves have been made !
    WELL, that was always the case, I'll have to check whether anything has changed in the last year or so...
  4. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    07 Sep '13 11:44
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    League do also Dave, they operate slightly differently though...don;t move at all and you'll be auto timed out after the following sequence; firstly add the time out, say 3Days, then add the timebank, say 7Days...add those up ( 10Days ) plus the original timebank once again, maybe we call this the 'grace period' ( that's 10+7=17 Days ) and that's the aut ...[text shortened]... lways the case, I'll have to check whether anything has changed in the last year or so...
    Ok dean, but the chappie only asked about tournaments.
  5. Joined
    22 Mar '11
    Moves
    07 Sep '13 21:12
    Originally posted by venda
    Tournament games are unique on Red Hot Pawn because they are subject to automated timeouts. Due to the nature of tournaments, they can take a very long time to complete. so to accelerate the games an automated timeout is run periodically. This will force a timeout if an opponent has decided to not claim the win himself or herself. A 2 day gr ...[text shortened]... period is offered on top of the standard timeout period in which the opponent may claim the win.
    I don't know but game 10060175 in the 2013 championship (which would end the last remaining group) appears to have timed out a while ago since the person to move who no longer has any time hasn't moved in seven days. However, perhaps their vacation flag just went off or they just recently timed out....
  6. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    07 Sep '13 21:49
    Originally posted by wsossin
    I don't know but game 10060175 in the 2013 championship (which would end the last remaining group) appears to have timed out a while ago since the person to move who no longer has any time hasn't moved in seven days. However, perhaps their vacation flag just went off or they just recently timed out....
    These things sometimes take a while.
    I've noticed the "2 days grace rule" doesn't always work.
    The admins are busy with the relocation thing at the moment but it might be worth mentioning it to them in the future.
    In the meantime , perhaps the game will timeout or maybe xpep will claim the skull when he returns from vacation

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree