1. Joined
    03 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Jun '09 18:59
    First of all: I _love_ the new "rated game stats"! 🙂
    I've been wanting a feature like that for a long time.

Being a "stats person" I would like some more stats to be included.
    I would like to propose an option where one can choose to display an "average opponent rating" in the graph so that one can see how this (hopefully) improves over time.
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    25 Jun '09 20:33
    Originally posted by tomjuan
    First of all: I _love_ the new "rated game stats"! 🙂
    I've been wanting a feature like that for a long time.

Being a "stats person" I would like some more stats to be included.
    I would like to propose an option where one can choose to display an "average opponent rating" in the graph so that one can see how this (hopefully) improves over time.
    time outs would have to be excluded from such a stat.

i like it though.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    25 Jun '09 22:43
    Originally posted by trev33
    time outs would have to be excluded from such a stat.

i like it though.
    I have found, that many people will let the time run out in a lost position, so we can not be too quick excluding all time outs. I have had it happen in many of my games, where my opponent is either a piece down, or just has a lost position.

I will not name any names, as that will be sure to start another small "War of Words".
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    26 Jun '09 00:19
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    I have found, that many people will let the time run out in a lost position, so we can not be too quick excluding all time outs. I have had it happen in many of my games, where my opponent is either a piece down, or just has a lost position.

I will not name any names, as that will be sure to start another small "War of Words".
    would be interested to how how often that actually happens on this site, not sure it's ever happened to me, well not to the point that they timed out anyway.

the reason i was thinking of leaving time outs out was because of the people who mass time out, who should be 1800 (not naming any names 😉) who does this a lot would ruin a lot of people stats.
  5. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    26 Jun '09 15:25
    I agree with Rusty, I have had a large proportion of my time out wins from winning positions where my opponent seems to be moving in other games but ignoring mine leaving me to click a skull.
  6. Standard membersbacat
    Eddie's Dad
    Raving Mad
    Moves
    26 Jun '09 16:271 edit
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    I agree with Rusty...
    Agree with Rusty and Mctayto. It feels like a large percentage of my timeout wins are people moving in other games but not mine. In fact, I have several won games currently going on where the butt, um, I mean opponent has kicked it into low gear for the past week or two. I assume they hope I'll get hit by a bus.

Since it's all math, why not differentiate timeouts based on the move history of the opponent? A skull clicked when the opponent has not moved at all in any game within the previous three days is a walk-away timeout and a skull clicked when the opponent has moved in any game on RHP within the last three days is a sore loser timeout.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree