1. London
    Moves
    15 May '06 13:14
    I think that, now that it has been observed and described in the Help forum, the abuse described here should be outlawed ASAP: Thread 43017

To sum up the scenario: Player A sends Player B a set-piece challenge where A is to move first and can get checkmate in 1. Before Player B can delete the challenge (before B even sees it!), Player A moves and wins. This does not affect either player's rating, but does affect win/loss stats.

At the least, this should be outlawed in the TOS; ideally it should be coded against (the system should delete any challenge which is won by the challenger's first move.)
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    15 May '06 17:561 edit
    A agree.

And until he's banned I have put him on my ignore list. I'm now protected and safe from such a low-life.
  3. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    15 May '06 19:32
    Originally posted by RolandYoung

To sum up the scenario: Player A sends Player B a set-piece challenge where A is to move first and can get checkmate in 1. Before Player B can delete the challenge (before B even sees it!), Player A moves and wins. This does not affect either player's rating, but does affect win/loss stats.
    No it doesn't affect win/lose stats. No set piece games do.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree