ban vacation threads

ban vacation threads

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
22 Sep 07

I promised some time ago to never ever again get involved in the vacation system debate.

My suggestion is that RHP "filter" the word "vacation" so that it can never appear in a thread.

I won't go into my reasons other than to say it is very frustrating to have this discussion keep coming up again and again and go nowhere.

F

Moves
22 Sep 07

Originally posted by coquette
I promised some time ago to never ever again get involved in the vacation system debate.

My suggestion is that RHP "filter" the word "vacation" so that it can never appear in a thread.

I won't go into my reasons other than to say it is very frustrating to have this discussion keep coming up again and again and go nowhere.
You're quite right.

But why is there so many vacation threads in the first place?
Is it because people think that the matter is not discussed to it's end?
Because people are concerned about the vacation system?
Because people has misunderstood the idea about it?
Because people find players 'abusing' it and use it for 'cheating'?
Because people is unhappy about the way the vacation system is implemented?
Because people want another vacation system or want to get rid of the vacation system altogether?

I think the number of threads about the vacation system is a symptom of a problem, not a problem in itself. We can remedy the symptoms by banning the very word 'v*cation', but this is not within our proud tradition of democracy here at RHP. We should be able to discuss things open, certainly when people find it as a problem.

Nota bene that I'm not saying anything about our present vacation system, only the discussion about the vacation system. We find a intensive disussion about it because people want to discuss it. Do we really stop the discussion? This is the bottom line.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
22 Sep 07
1 edit

Originally posted by FabianFnas
You're quite right.

But why is there so many vacation threads in the first place?
Is it because people think that the matter is not discussed to it's end?
Because people are concerned about the vacation system?
Because people has misunderstood the idea about it?
Because people find players 'abusing' it and use it for 'cheating'?
Because people e people want to discuss it. Do we really stop the discussion? This is the bottom line.
Um, there are also vacation threads that want to lengthen vacation, and ones that want to freeze timebank. That means there are also users who want more time off.

Just because you two don't want vacations or people moving during a vacation and are very vocal about it doesn't make all threads about vacation time the same as the ones you participate in.

The vote is still up, and still open. Most people at RHP voted FOR a vacation system. Just because you read a lot of posts in the forum complaining, that doesn't mean a majority of users at RHP have a problem with vacation. Those who complain are always the loudest on a subject, not the majority.

P-

F

Moves
22 Sep 07

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Um, there are also vacation threads that want to lengthen vacation, and ones that want to freeze timebank. That means there are also users who want more time off.

Just because you two don't want vacations or people moving during a vacation and are very vocal about it doesn't make all threads about vacation time the same as the ones you participate in. ...[text shortened]... th vacation. Those who complain are always the loudest on a subject, not the majority.

P-
I'm not discussing the vacation system in this thread.

My point is that - if people want to discuss the vacation system with this degree of agitation, then there has to be a reason to do so. To ban the discussions about various vacation systems and alteration about the present one is not a good way to follow to make RHP better than it already is. That's my point, and only that in this thread.

Again - I'm not discussing the vacation system in this thread. But perhaps in another thread if you give me enough reason.

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
22 Sep 07

I already regret starting this thread. From now on this thread is about knitting. I recommend that we ban knitting needles from RHP.

F

Moves
22 Sep 07

I already regret starting this thread. From now on this thread is about knitting. I recommend that we ban knitting needles from RHP.
Ban all thread banning bans.😛

I
King of slow

Moves
22 Sep 07

I say we should ban thread about banning threads.

Wait...

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
22 Sep 07

You regret it because you cant contest what I'm saying.

P-

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
22 Sep 07

Originally posted by Phlabibit
You regret it because you cant contest what I'm saying.

P-
you are absolutely right. i cannot contest what you are saying because i earlier promised everyone to stop commenting on the unmentionable topic. since this thread is now about knitting needles being banned from RHP, i am unable to contest what you are saying. if on the other hand, this thread were about something else, you know, something unmentionable, then there would be no contest, as what you are saying is really nothing. hence, i cannot contest what you are saying, regardless, or irregardless, depending on our political views.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
22 Sep 07
1 edit

you are absolutely right. i cannot contest what you are saying because i earlier promised everyone to stop commenting on the unmentionable topic. since this thread is now about knitting needles being banned from RHP, i am unable to contest what you are saying. if on the other hand, this thread were about something else, you know, something unmentionable, th ...[text shortened]... nnot contest what you are saying, regardless, or irregardless, depending on our political views.
Can we turn this into a "ban coquette site idea threads" thread? 😉

D

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
22 Sep 07

ok, i got the hint, i'm gone.

F

Moves
22 Sep 07

Stay, coquette, your opinions is as much worth than mine, even if they don't coincide.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
23 Sep 07

TTFN

DS

Moves
23 Sep 07

As an unaffected, unbiased, non-user of it, I think we should discuss the mongin system to death.