Banded sieges

Banded sieges

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jay D

London

Moves
20 Apr 08

I like the format of the sieges but I get put off as I know I could never win it (maybe I need to imnrove to start) but how about having some banded. It just adds another variable and have the same entry level as tournaments but with an extra factor, once your rating goes outside that band you finish the current game but you are not allowed to hold the title for the next game, hence the losing challenger gets the title by default. If they are not goo they will eventually lose it.

Thoughts?

Moves
20 Apr 08

Originally posted by jay D
I like the format of the sieges but I get put off as I know I could never win it (maybe I need to imnrove to start) but how about having some banded. It just adds another variable and have the same entry level as tournaments but with an extra factor, once your rating goes outside that band you finish the current game but you are not allowed to hold the title ...[text shortened]... ger gets the title by default. If they are not goo they will eventually lose it.

Thoughts?
What happens if lets say a 1650 rated player gets the title in a 1600-1700 banded and defends it a couple of times. Then his rating goes up to 1701 due to time outs. Then what, is he forced not to defend his title? Then when his rating inevitably goes back to normal he will have to wait in line for 1-3 months to get his title back!

Jay D

London

Moves
23 Apr 08

Originally posted by KnightStalker47
What happens if lets say a 1650 rated player gets the title in a 1600-1700 banded and defends it a couple of times. Then his rating goes up to 1701 due to time outs. Then what, is he forced not to defend his title? Then when his rating inevitably goes back to normal he will have to wait in line for 1-3 months to get his title back!
To be honest I am not totally sure.

There obviously needs to be considerations for this and other scenarios which have not even been thought of yet

Does anyone know if when calculating players rating there is consideration in the adjust of that rating dependent on the method of win/lose?