1. Joined
    21 Sep '06
    Moves
    06 Apr '07 22:24
    In Banded tournaments, players whose ratings have risen 150 points over the upper band would not move on to the next round. The second place player in that section would move on instead. Of course, there's still the issue of sandbagging but that's not the problem that this solution is addressing.

In my own situation, I entered a bunch of Banded tourneys when I first joined and didn't really understand how tourneys worked. I really don't belong in these sections now, but I don't see a graceful way of exiting besides resigning games, which I'm not comfortable doing. There are many others in this same situation (I'm playing some of them! =)

I'd think that this would be easy to code but I'm no expert. This also would make Banded tournaments a lot more popular. 150 points seems right to me, maybe it'd be worth experimenting with 100 or 200 points instead.

What do other folks think?
  2. USA
    Moves
    06 Apr '07 22:37
    😀
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    06 Apr '07 22:39
    Originally posted by DawgHaus
    In Banded tournaments, players whose ratings have risen 150 points over the upper band would not move on to the next round. The second place player in that section would move on instead. Of course, there's still the issue of sandbagging but that's not the problem that this solution is addressing.

In my own situation, I entered a bunch of Banded tourney ...[text shortened]... d be worth experimenting with 100 or 200 points instead.

What do other folks think?
    You can resign games at the beginning of the next round without any rating penalty.

D
  4. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    06 Apr '07 22:57
    Originally posted by DawgHaus
    In Banded tournaments, players whose ratings have risen 150 points over the upper band would not move on to the next round. The second place player in that section would move on instead.
    This is a step into the right direction. I whish it was like this just a few days ago.

I am currently in yet another final (Tournament 1313) just about to lose it even yet again, this time due to a much higher ranked player... Sigh...
  5. Joined
    21 Sep '06
    Moves
    07 Apr '07 05:151 edit
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    You can resign games at the beginning of the next round without any rating penalty.

D
    Even without the rating penalty, wouldn't these count as lost games in your W-D-L record?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree