1. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    12 Jan '06 04:56
    Ok, i've raved about this topic before, but i think this idea could stop strong players (who have suffered lot's of timeouts) entering banded tournies below their grade. If a player is timed out in a game, they must complete two rated games before they are allowed to enter a banded tournie. So, if someone gets timed out in 20 games, they must complete 40 games before they can enter a banded tournie, no matter what the grade of the tournie. This would also act as a deterent to players who Timeout ALL the time!
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    12 Jan '06 10:04
    Originally posted by marinakatomb
    Ok, i've raved about this topic before, but i think this idea could stop strong players (who have suffered lot's of timeouts) entering banded tournies below their grade. If a player is timed out in a game, they must complete two rated games before they are allowed to enter a banded tournie. So, if someone gets timed out in 20 games, they must complete 4 ...[text shortened]... e grade of the tournie. This would also act as a deterent to players who Timeout ALL the time!
    I don't think you can punish somebody long term like that, just for letting a game T/O. Its going to happen to all of us at some point.

I think we had a workable solution figured by the end of your last big thread on the subject, but you must have been bored by that stage, and stopped contributing.

D
  3. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    12 Jan '06 11:09
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    I don't think you can punish somebody long term like that, just for letting a game T/O. Its going to happen to all of us at some point.

I think we had a workable solution figured by the end of your last big thread on the subject, but you must have been bored by that stage, and stopped contributing.

D
    Who's punishing them? They can still enter tournaments, just not banded ones.
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    12 Jan '06 11:11
    Originally posted by marinakatomb
    Who's punishing them? They can still enter tournaments, just not banded ones.
    If they enjoy banded tournies, then by not allowing them to enter banded tournies, they are being punished.

Crowley and I had worked out a system, where they could still play banded tournies: just at the correct band.

D

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree