1. Earth Prime
    Moves
    25 Jul '05 19:02
    Originally posted by gossage
    I think this is actually not a bad idea; however, instead of taking back a move in a game you lost, a better idea would be to allow easy import of a FEN into the "Set Piece" interface. Then, make the "analyze board" feature print out the FEN as you step through the game.

That way, if you or your partner makes a screwy move, or if you just want to rep ...[text shortened]... a mistake. Since the new game is a set piece, it won't affect ratings.

What do you think?
    How do you get the FEN from analize board? I didn't know you could.
  2. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    26 Jul '05 08:04
    Originally posted by gossage
    I think this is actually not a bad idea; however, instead of taking back a move in a game you lost, a better idea would be to allow easy import of a FEN into the "Set Piece" interface. Then, make the "analyze board" feature print out the FEN as you step through the game.

That way, if you or your partner makes a screwy move, or if you just want to rep ...[text shortened]... a mistake. Since the new game is a set piece, it won't affect ratings.

What do you think?
    Now this is a good idea.

Set up a set piece game from a certain position in the analyze board screen.
    Let's not copy FENs and whatnot. Just have a button that says setup game from current position.
  3. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    26 Jul '05 08:33
    in a perfect world: you should be able to take back your move, but only if your opponent has never even viewed the game since you made your blunder.

you are of course happy ... your opponent gets a better game ... and your opponent would need to have their time-used replenished.

but it is not a perfect world and so i doubt that we will see this.
  4. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    26 Jul '05 08:43
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Now this is a good idea.

Set up a set piece game from a certain position in the analyze board screen.
    Let's not copy FENs and whatnot. Just have a button that says setup game from current position.
    I want the ability to paste a FEN into the set piece window. It'd be useful for more than just playing from positions in other games I've played.
  5. Standard memberLahaina
    Cruel sun
    20°53' N, 156°40' W
    Moves
    26 Jul '05 10:01
    Just shoot away ADSL, you will have a slower connexion so you can click on the back-arrow and get you're game unmoved again... it's the only way I know to catch a false move back...
  6. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    26 Jul '05 10:48
    Originally posted by Lahaina
    Just shoot away ADSL, you will have a slower connexion so you can click on the back-arrow and get you're game unmoved again... it's the only way I know to catch a false move back...
    Nope.
  7. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    26 Jul '05 11:43
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    I want the ability to paste a FEN into the set piece window. It'd be useful for more than just playing from positions in other games I've played.
    Makes sense.
  8. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Jul '05 12:286 edits
    Originally posted by flexmore
    in a perfect world: you should be able to take back your move, but only if your opponent has never even viewed the game since you made your blunder.

you are of course happy ... your opponent gets a better game ... and your opponent woul ...[text shortened]... ut it is not a perfect world and so i doubt that we will see this.
    I think this definition of "perfect world" is highly subjective. 😕

In my "perfect world" all of my opponents would blunder away their games and I certainly wouldn't want to allow them to retract their mistakes (funnily enough Ironman31 never does this when I play him!).

I guess it all depends on how competitive you are and whether your priority is on playing a perfect game or simply winning your next Clan or Tournament match! 😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree