1. Standard memberbarstudd
    dinky-di Aussie
    Australia
    Moves
    13 Oct '08 12:105 edits
    the club idea is fantastic idea but not quite enough happening to keep some interested:

progressive chess:
    how about we invent progressive chess: 1 x chess board but up to 5 people can play on the same team against a team of 5 other players and you can only move when it's your turn....could have a number of teams or intraclub progressive chess games happening within your club...

mini intra club clans
    Mini club clans....up to a dozen mini clans....set up as a knock out challenge similar to tournaments but with teams instead of just individuals.

I know for a fact that the mini clan idea would get Aussies at the chessaroos club more involved, because we would divide the club into states, Australians love a state of origin,......other clubs would like the idea also
  2. Standard memberO Artem O
    ParTizan
    Philadelphia, USA
    Moves
    13 Oct '08 17:07
    that sounds fun
  3. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    13 Oct '08 21:15
    l like it
  4. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    13 Oct '08 21:26
    You'll want a club blitz site next.
  5. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    13 Oct '08 22:19
    All improvements to the site are there to make things better for the subscriber or potential subscriber. The purpose of a club is more to give the non sub a place to interact with other members and get a taste of how much better it would be to subscribe.
    There have been some tournies started for non subs again to give a taster.

I don't believe clubs were intended to have 200 members but hopefully a dozen clubs with 50 members or so which in turn would increase interaction with other members and entice subscription.
  6. Standard memberpatrickrutgers
    Pale Yellow Star!
    Minneapolis
    Moves
    14 Oct '08 04:26
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    All improvements to the site are there to make things better for the subscriber or potential subscriber. The purpose of a club is more to give the non sub a place to interact with other members and get a taste of how much better it would be to subscribe.
    There have been some tournies started for non subs again to give a taster.

I don't believe clubs wer ...[text shortened]... bers or so which in turn would increase interaction with other members and entice subscription.
    hmmm...you know what would be perfect? Provisional Club!
    followed by...Provisional Clan!

Patrick
    Provisional Clan! leader (for now)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree