1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    01 Apr '09 05:41
    I am lucky who got the chance to be one of the few beta testers of WebCam at RHP. Russ has for a long time been experimenting with the software to implement a visual interface between members of RedHotPawn. It brings the members together and we all get to know eachother better.

The first version v1 of this feature was only between the beta testers. It was a great joy to actually see eachother, smile to eachother.

The next version v2 introduced sound as well. Now we could talk to eachother, and discuss our games as they go along. Very nice!

A while ago there was a third release v3, that made it possible to connect to other members as well. You didn't have to be a beta tester to be a part of the system. But the connection was unfortunately one way only. We, the beta testers, could see and hear others, but they couldn't see us. Of course the system worked only for those who actually had a Cam installed on their computer, but there were members enough to continue experimenting.

We had a great time experimenting, we laughed and discussed a lot, sharing experiences about the system. It's always interesting to see how the other members looked like, sounded like, how there were dressed in late hours or early hours, or in some cases not dressed (!) even to see their reaction when they realized their blunders, oh so funny facial expressions! 😀 Well, I will not tell anyone about it, beta testers are a silent kind of people. Well, perhaps later, when the Cam system is fully introduced, but not before.

Before we go out public, and make it one of the standard features of RedHotPawn, we want more beta testers to test if the extra load on the bandwidth is enough. Then we try a full scale implementation to see if it works.

As I am the beta tester leader, please send me a mail if you are interested. We need quite a few. Be one of us, show yourself and be shown! Be a part of the new era of RHP! A new RHP with moving pictures and sound of us members playing chess in real time.

Be a beta tester of WebCam on RHP! Send me a mail!
  2. Joined
    07 Jun '05
    Moves
    01 Apr '09 17:27
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    ... we laughed ... a lot ...
    Not bad, but a little easy to spot ;-)
  3. e4
    Moves
    01 Apr '09 22:35
    How many PM'd?
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 Apr '09 06:36
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    How many PM'd?
    In my WebCam I can see that people are beginning to dress up properly. 🙂

Yes of course, April 1st. Noone fell for it to send me a mail.
  5. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    06 Apr '09 20:11
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    In my WebCam I can see that people are beginning to dress up properly. 🙂

Yes of course, April 1st. Noone fell for it to send me a mail.
    All posts of this nature need to be shorter. the longer you get to read and THINK, the more likely you are to catch on.

Short and sweet would have bagged the baited.

Gold Star for effort though.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    06 Apr '09 21:451 edit
    Originally posted by uzless
    All posts of this nature need to be shorter. the longer you get to read and THINK, the more likely you are to catch on.

Short and sweet would have bagged the baited.

Gold Star for effort though.
    I was thinking of creating a small little text-file and with the content: "You've been had!" or something, and call it Apr1.con as a driver to make this WebCam thing to work for people to download. But I thought that it would be to far.

Thank you for the gold star!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree