1. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    30 Apr '09 15:251 edit
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    Well, I'm no graphic designer but I gave it a whirl!

One quick bit of selective desaturation later:
    http://twisted-psychosis.co.uk/rhp/raised-black.jpg

It's actually quite hard to get the shadows and definition to stand out properly on dark objects like that 😕
    I would adjust contrast (Bring it Up), this WILL make the black a bit less dark, but might get you the definition you desire.

Not much looks needed to do to the white set.

If you get it done and Russ puts it up... I just might give it a shot. Looks good.

P-
  2. ...who does not know
    Moves
    30 Apr '09 15:36
    Originally posted by Romanticus
    Just had a look at the various sets.Funny stuff.You really play with that raised set??How can you see anything!?

Are there people who play with the medieval set?Or the halloween set?

I'm happy with my newspaper set 🙂
    I looked at those sets too Romanticus. It's funny that those are available but not a simple black and white raised set. LOL
  3. ...who does not know
    Moves
    30 Apr '09 15:48
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    Well, I'm no graphic designer but I gave it a whirl!

One quick bit of selective desaturation later:
    http://twisted-psychosis.co.uk/rhp/raised-black.jpg

It's actually quite hard to get the shadows and definition to stand out properly on dark objects like that 😕
    Is there a way to make a "negative" of white? Just a thought, I have no clue how to do any of it.
  4. ...who does not know
    Moves
    30 Apr '09 15:49
    Originally posted by Crowley
    The Red Menace set was produced by action User 368190.
    Message him and ask him if he could whip up a black variant if the need arises. Should be a matter of minutes for a graphic designer, provided he still has the development images for the current Red Menace set.
    I did message Action and haven't heard back.
  5. Joined
    04 Jun '07
    Moves
    30 Apr '09 17:56
    i messed with it and i wasnt happy, the problem is its very difficult to replace pretty much any color with black and vice versa its easy to change from color to color but black dosnt carry the same color value contrast that colors do. That set is actually made from photos i took of one of my favorite sets here at the house. im kind of curious how many people play with the mercury set. thats the one i like to use. anybody else?

both red menace sets took me about 3 hours each of camera and photoshop time so its a tall order to do something like that just for fun these days. however i have 15 chess sets total and would like to do the same thing again with a couple of them so maybe i will who knows 🙂

to see why i have little time to devote go to my site >>> www.gidm.com
  6. ...who does not know
    Moves
    30 Apr '09 17:59
    Thanks Action.
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    01 May '09 14:23
    Originally posted by action
    There is some amazing work in that online portfolio! Excellent stuff.
  8. Joined
    04 Jun '07
    Moves
    01 May '09 15:33
    thanks russ, hows your other projects going? drop me an email some time.
  9. ...who does not know
    Moves
    01 May '09 23:44
    Originally posted by action
    i messed with it and i wasnt happy, the problem is its very difficult to replace pretty much any color with black and vice versa its easy to change from color to color but black dosnt carry the same color value contrast that colors do. That set is actually made from photos i took of one of my favorite sets here at the house. im kind of curious how many people ...[text shortened]... be i will who knows 🙂

Incredible stuff. You are very good! 🙂
  10. Joined
    04 Jun '07
    Moves
    02 May '09 18:11
    thank you

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree