1. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    31 Jul '20 09:11
    @hells-caretaker said
    @WOLFE63
    I'll set my alarm, that's 02:30 GMT for me.
    I've got 0730EST as equivalent to 1230GMT.
  2. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    31 Jul '20 09:15
    @russ said
    @WOLFE63

Great to hear. One word of advice, there is a caching issue with some of the files when I upload updates, so do a ctrl "f5" (win) or ctr "r" (mac) to fully reload all files whenever you experience a problem.

edit : Having said that, only urgent fixes will be arriving next week, due to family time.

edit 2 : A small usability modification - a "lobby" button an ...[text shortened]... fused about what to do next after closing the end of game pop-up, so this needed to be made clearer.
    Thanks, all enhancements are the cream on top of a sweet cappuccino.
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    31 Jul '20 09:581 edit
    A link has been added to the "blitz" feature here to redirect people. I'll give it a good push here next week once I'm available to deal with issues again.
  4. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    πŸ€” Bolton
    Moves
    31 Jul '20 11:401 edit
    @Russ
    I'll carry on doing what I'm doing. In terms of setting a separate browser for Blitz only. So it sits in the background & I get a 'tinckle' if an offer is accepted.

I say this because whether it's my machine or not once you enter the Blitz you can't get back to a previous page. [edit] No, that's not happening now.
  5. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    πŸ€” Bolton
    Moves
    01 Aug '20 00:28
    @wolfgang59
    Played a game yesterday, went smooth until moves where in the 30's - squares went red (when highlighted) and the cursor 'Icon' changes. Only a refresh will clear it.

I'll be on most of the weekend, if only for an hours play?
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Aug '20 08:40
    @russ said
    A link has been added to the "blitz" feature here to redirect people. I'll give it a good push here next week once I'm available to deal with issues again.
    Is there an option to watch a game being played?
  7. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    01 Aug '20 12:05
    @suzianne said
    I don't think that it's allowing that yet. In fact, I see no one in the Lobby even though there's a tab on the upper left indicating several players are online.

Clearly, as Russ has indicated, a work in progress. But, definitely worth waiting for.
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    01 Aug '20 15:13
    @hells-caretaker said
    - squares went red (when highlighted) and the cursor 'Icon' changes.
    You can highlight tiles (for analysis purposes) with a right click. Tile will go red.

You can drag your mouse about with the right button depressed to draw arrows on the board too - again, only for analysis purposes. The next move will clear them.
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    01 Aug '20 15:131 edit
    @Suzianne

Spectate games will be next. ( < 2 weeks.)
  10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    01 Aug '20 15:17
    @wolfe63 said
    upper left indicating several players are online.
    There is a bug - when a player leaves, it appears that the total online player count is not correctly set.

So if games in play is set to 0, and you can't see anyone in the lobby - then no one is online.
  11. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    πŸ€” Bolton
    Moves
    04 Aug '20 10:151 edit
    Observation here (maybe anal) but running multiple browsers on a machine, a better 'Bell Ring' with more sound volume indicating an accepted gameπŸ€”[edit] Played a few games & no issues with standard play - I've NOT had an EP move for against during a game yet though.
  12. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    10 Aug '20 13:031 edit
    The user lobby count issue should now be fixed.

Anyone who isn't gracefully disconnected will be removed after 15 minutes anyway during a housekeeping process.

edit : This may not actually be the case after all! Back to status : Not fixed!
  13. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    11 Aug '20 11:18
    @russ said
    The user lobby count issue should now be fixed.

Anyone who isn't gracefully disconnected will be removed after 15 minutes anyway during a housekeeping process.

edit : This may not actually be the case after all! Back to status : Not fixed!
    I've been checking-in about once a day. Slowly but surely it's coming together.

Thanks for keeping up the hard work. πŸ™‚
  14. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    11 Aug '20 12:22
    @WOLFE63

Spectating games in progress now, then at a later date, it will all be merged with RHP - and it will show the number of games waiting in the lobby on the blitz icon when using the web site.

A little way to go yet though, and a few other things have to take place first such as another server migration for the main RHP site too.
  15. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    13 Aug '20 17:03
    @suzianne said
    Spectating is now possible.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree