1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    14 Aug '20 13:11
    Touch support (iPad) and a more responsive interface (for smaller screens, such as iPad!) coming later today.
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    14 Aug '20 13:25
    @hells-caretaker said
    Observation here (maybe anal) but running multiple browsers on a machine, a better 'Bell Ring' with more sound volume indicating an accepted game🤔
    @Hells-Caretaker

I'm looking at better notifications. Should be by Monday.
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    14 Aug '20 13:27
    @russ said
    Spectating is now possible.
    A bug meant abandoned games were not cleared away - hence the zombie game that existed for a number of hours.
  4. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    15 Aug '20 18:18
    Finally tried a game today and ... I couldn't move any pieces. 😛
  5. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    15 Aug '20 18:59
    @BigDoggProblem

It was the same for me yesterday. My opponent made the first move for white, but I could not move at all. I also could not send a message to him. I tried it a couple of different times and could not do anything. (On a windows 7 laptop)
  6. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    15 Aug '20 19:04

Removed by poster

7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    16 Aug '20 13:08
    Have to put my hands up here! Due to the experimental nature of this, I did a bad thing - an upload last minute on a Friday. And sure enough, my haste to support iPads resulted in that new code borking Safari and Firefox.

Rather unfortunate, so apologies to those who jumped in for a game and then couldn't move any pieces. This should now be fixed - just testing on all devices.
  8. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    19 Aug '20 17:37
    @Russ

Tried a game again today (just now) with exactly the same result as my former post from a few days ago. Played someone named Rectorship. They played White's first move and I was not able to move as Black, and could not send a text message. Laptop, windows 7 and Firefox browser.
  9. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    19 Aug '20 17:42
    @mwmiller said
    @Russ

Tried a game again today (just now) with exactly the same result as my former post from a few days ago. Played someone named Rectorship. They played White's first move and I was not able to move as Black, and could not send a text message. Laptop, windows 7 and Firefox browser.
    That's happened to me a couple of times as well against "Rectorship".

My last attempt was on Friday.

Patience.
  10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    19 Aug '20 18:331 edit
    @mwmiller said
    @Russ

I can't reproduce this one - so I don't believe it is an issue with the interface code on Windows Firefox specifically.

I need to make sure cached files are not an issue in the future, but for now, if any problem like this occurs, please do a ctrl + f5. (To ignore the browser cache and reload all files.). If this fixes a problem like this, please let me know.
  11. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    22 Aug '20 23:01
    ☠️ It's dead ☠️
  12. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    24 Aug '20 16:54
    @bigdoggproblem said
    ☠️ It's dead ☠️
    "......No, no, 'e's uh,...he's resting."

( YouTube )

A new build has gone up.

The issue with cached files should no longer be an issue going forward.
  13. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    24 Aug '20 16:581 edit
    I've not had a chance to tackle the notifications when a game is taken yet, but that is next unless a serious bug shows itself.
  14. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    25 Aug '20 17:471 edit
    @russ said
    @Hells-Caretaker

I'm looking at better notifications. Should be by Monday.
    A system notification is now sent when a game is accepted, even if you are off working in another tab/window. (You can't close the BlitzChess browser tab though, of course.)

This currently works best on Chrome.

On Safari, the notification will appear then vanish very quickly - the cause is known, and it will be addressed next week.

The big caveat to all of this - notifications are generally blocked by default on current browser. (Spammers abused this feature when it was first available, unsurprisingly.)

On Chrome*, if you are not asked to allow notifications, then you will need to right click the padlock icon in the address bar, then set Notifications to "Allow".

* Also new versions of Edge.

The notifications are clickable to go direct to the game, but this isn't working quite as intended yet.

This system notification style will replace RHP's "wait for game" notification too ultimately.
  15. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    02 Sep '20 04:17
    @wolfe63 said
    That's happened to me a couple of times as well against "Rectorship".

My last attempt was on Friday.

Patience.
    That be me Squire 🤺🚬

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree