1. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Joined
    03 Apr '06
    Moves
    44348
    20 Jul '10 00:45
    The blitz site needs to recognize 50 move draws. That way I wouldn't have to waste 10 minutes of my life playing out this position for 261 moves until my clock ran out.

  2. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Joined
    08 Mar '03
    Moves
    38202
    20 Jul '10 07:231 edit
    Originally posted by clandarkfire
    The blitz site needs to recognize 50 move draws. That way I wouldn't have to waste 10 minutes of my life playing out this position for 261 moves until my clock ran out.
    Nope. Disagree. Blitz is all about playing to the clock. If you use more time than your opponent getting to a drawn position then you lose. Pretty simple really.

    skeeter
  3. Joined
    16 Aug '09
    Moves
    23744
    20 Jul '10 11:39
    so could white have won in the above position? or does he need mating material?

    what if only kings are left, still played till the clock runs out?

    if the increment is positive so that the players' available time increases with each move, would someone have to resign to end the game or can one offer a draw in rhp blitz?
  4. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Joined
    03 Apr '06
    Moves
    44348
    20 Jul '10 15:17
    You can offer a draw, but there is nothing that makes your opponent accept it. That's what happened in my game.
  5. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    2014.05.01
    Joined
    11 Apr '07
    Moves
    92274
    20 Jul '10 16:14
    I don't know why ppl bother with the blitz on this site. Seriously. There's far better elsewhere. Even flash-based. Sorry Russ, but it's true. 😳
  6. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    2014.05.01
    Joined
    11 Apr '07
    Moves
    92274
    20 Jul '10 16:151 edit
    Originally posted by skeeter
    Nope. Disagree. Blitz is all about playing to the clock. If you use more time than your opponent getting to a drawn position then you lose. Pretty simple really.

    skeeter
    "Nope"?? Throw out the 50 move rule? 🙄

    Nice one.
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Joined
    27 Mar '03
    Moves
    17242
    20 Jul '10 16:21
    Originally posted by skeeter
    Nope. Disagree. Blitz is all about playing to the clock. If you use more time than your opponent getting to a drawn position then you lose. Pretty simple really.

    skeeter
    They were at a draw position long before the time ran out is the point here.

    P-
  8. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Joined
    08 Mar '03
    Moves
    38202
    20 Jul '10 21:41
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    They were at a draw position long before the time ran out is the point here.

    P-
    Irrelevant. If one player used more time to obtain a drawn position then that player loses. Club nights we play "swiss" blitz tourneys and legal play continues - mating material or not, drawn or not - until a flag drops.

    skeets
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10270
    20 Jul '10 22:17
    Originally posted by skeeter
    Irrelevant. If one player used more time to obtain a drawn position then that player loses. Club nights we play "swiss" blitz tourneys and legal play continues - mating material or not, drawn or not - until a flag drops.

    skeets
    you're stopided

    50 move rule should count here in the bitz feature. it does on most sites.

    you have to ask the question why the op just didn't leave his unrated drawn blitz game when the other guy didn't accept the draw. what a waste of time.
  10. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Joined
    03 Apr '06
    Moves
    44348
    21 Jul '10 00:45
    Originally posted by skeeter
    Irrelevant. If one player used more time to obtain a drawn position then that player loses. Club nights we play "swiss" blitz tourneys and legal play continues - mating material or not, drawn or not - until a flag drops.

    skeets
    If you're even going to consider making an argument so incredibly retarded, then you might as well carry it over standard OTB games as well. The position is dead drawn, but I have 30 minutes on my clock and my opponent has 35; so we'll just play out 5000 moves until my flag falls and my opponent has five minutes left. What about stalemate? Does the player with more time on his clock win?

    As to why I didn't just quit, it's a matter of principle, that's all.
  11. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Joined
    08 Mar '03
    Moves
    38202
    21 Jul '10 00:461 edit
    Well then, you're just a plain dumbass. The reason the 'fifty move' rule is not employed in blitz games is because no notation is kept and that makes it virtually impossible to monitor/enforce. Why introduce a rule that is not used in OTB blitz to a CC site just because the site software is capable of enforcing it. Horses for courses and you're on the wrong track.

    skeeter
  12. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Joined
    08 Mar '03
    Moves
    38202
    21 Jul '10 00:51
    Originally posted by clandarkfire
    If you're even going to consider making an argument so incredibly retarded, then you might as well carry it over standard OTB games as well. The position is dead drawn, but I have 30 minutes on my clock and my opponent has 35; so we'll just play out 5000 moves until my flag falls and my opponent has five minutes left. What about stalemate? Does the play ...[text shortened]... on his clock win?

    As to why I didn't just quit, it's a matter of principle, that's all.
    Now you're being stopied. Stalemate is a very different situation where a player cannot legally move regardless of the clocks. We are talking about 'insufficient material' and the 50 move rule in OTB blitz, which should be maintained here.

    skeeter
  13. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Joined
    03 Apr '06
    Moves
    44348
    21 Jul '10 07:111 edit
    Does anyone else think it's ridiculous that a player with the strength of Skeeter's rating could take a stand that is so plainly outrageous and absurd that there isn't even any point in arguing about it?

    It's stupided...
  14. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Joined
    08 Mar '03
    Moves
    38202
    21 Jul '10 07:391 edit
    You're describing apples whilst I'm talking about oranges. The OTB blitz that we play here, at club level, doesn't allow any provisions for draws for 'lack of mating material' and the '50 move rule' You play to the clock and first flag fall loses, the only exception being the stalemate where either player cannot legally move. That situation is the only draw allowed in OTB blitz here. Why should that change for some penny-ante internet blitz chess site ??

    skeeter
  15. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Joined
    08 Mar '03
    Moves
    38202
    21 Jul '10 07:53
    Originally posted by clandarkfire
    Does anyone else think it's ridiculous that a player with the strength of Skeeter's rating could take a stand that is so plainly outrageous and absurd that there isn't even any point in arguing about it?

    It's stupided...
    Obviously not, so by default that makes you the 'stupified' one.

    skeeter
Back to Top