1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 May '19 00:04
    I was wondering if it is possible to block a person so you are not constantly having to see their posts as they follow you around.
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    04 May '19 20:36
    @eladar said
    I was wondering if it is possible to block a person so you are not constantly having to see their posts as they follow you around.
    Someone had made up a program, to do just that. I forget who it was now, but I am sure someone will remember or the person can give it to you themselves, then you can make so you don't see any of my posts!!! πŸ˜‰

-VR
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 May '19 20:45
    @Very-Rusty

I do not mind your posts you do not follow me around and badger me. All the people I see complaining about you hate me as well.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    04 May '19 21:31
    @eladar said
    @Very-Rusty

I do not mind your posts you do not follow me around and badger me. All the people I see complaining about you hate me as well.
    Oh.....That surprised me, I guess we will have to stick together then. πŸ˜‰

I must admit I do sometimes stir the pot and get a little carried away with it, but then I get as good as I give.

Don't let it bother you, I don't think anyone really 'hates' anyone one here, but there are little groups that stick together. I am sure you've noticed that by now~!

I've never ever used the program, it was made for another poster on there that I liked. He is no longer on the site, actually may have passed.

-VR
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 May '19 21:36
    @very-rusty said
    Oh.....That surprised me, I guess we will have to stick together then. πŸ˜‰

I must admit I do sometimes stir the pot and get a little carried away with it, but then I get as good as I give.

Don't let it bother you, I don't think anyone really 'hates' anyone one here, but there are little groups that stick together. I am sure you've noticed that by now~!

I've neve ...[text shortened]... another poster on there that I liked. He is no longer on the site, actually may have passed.

-VR
    I do not try to stir the pot but evidently I ruffle feathers. I do see groups who high five each other for insults then thumbs up and can't resist giving most anything I write a thumbs down. I have been at this site on and off for years.

But if I do not post anything I can start to see them going after each other.
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    04 May '19 22:16
    @eladar said
    I do not try to stir the pot but evidently I ruffle feathers. I do see groups who high five each other for insults then thumbs up and can't resist giving most anything I write a thumbs down. I have been at this site on and off for years.

But if I do not post anything I can start to see them going after each other.
    I really don't think in most cases any malice is intended. Well in my case it may be a little different, but I'm pretty tough skinned and have been in forum war of words for years. The smart ones don't even bother, as they know it will go on and on forever. πŸ˜‰

I don't like to see people picked on. What forums did you feel you were being picked on?

-VR
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 May '19 23:06
    @Very-Rusty

Don't worry about it. I decided to let mods deal with it if they will.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    05 May '19 16:19
    @eladar said
    @Very-Rusty

Don't worry about it. I decided to let mods deal with it if they will.
    I never worry about anything, or let anything that someone says affect my day.

One has to have a thick skin if you are going to play in the forums.

I am sure the moderators will do the fair thing.

-VR
  9. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    07 May '19 20:59
    @eladar said
    You can block private messages from posters you designate appearing in your own in-box, but not posts appearing in public forums.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    07 May '19 21:55
    @moonbus

Yes that is why I posted in the idea forum.
  11. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    08 May '19 05:29
    @eladar said
    @moonbus

In fact the idea, how that should work is missing.

To check an ignore list againts forum posts and not showing those Forum posts would be some effort. To also not show the posts in which posts of ignored are quoted would be a nigtmare.

And you would end up wioth inconsitsent threads all around.

So what would a good alforithm for that be? Blocking threads for you in which ignored people posted? That could work easily enough but would probably not be what you intended.
  12. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    08 May '19 07:101 edit
    @ponderable said

To check an ignore list againts forum posts and not showing those Forum posts would be some effort. To also not show the posts in which posts of ignored are quoted would be a nigtmare.

So what would a good alforithm for that be? Blocking threads for you ...[text shortened]... ch ignored people posted? That could work easily enough but would probably not be what you intended.
    It would defeat the purpose of public forums, even supposing an algorithm could be devised, to filter the output for each poster individually.
  13. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    08 May '19 07:12
    @eladar said
    @moonbus

If you don’t want to even see thread posts from some posters, I suggest you found a private forum and not invite those people to join. Problem solved.

The whole point of public forums is that any RHP member can contribute to them.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    08 May '19 12:401 edit
    @ponderable said

So what would a good alforithm for that be? Blocking threads for you ...[text shortened]... ch ignored people posted? That could work easily enough but would probably not be what you intended.
    I don't think he wants to block threads, just certain people like me for example.

Remember the programme someone made so they wouldn't see Grampy Bobby posts? If that was still kicking around, that is all he/she would need. I don't know how good it actually worked out as one would miss alot of what was being said and not understand why certain things were said. Never made much sense to me at the time, but that is just me!!! πŸ˜‰

-VR
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    08 May '19 17:24
    @moonbus said
    If you don’t want to even see thread posts from some posters, I suggest you found a private forum and not invite those people to join. Problem solved.

The whole point of public forums is that any RHP member can contribute to them.
    I reported him. It stopped. But still I would think it cool if I did not need to see posts from certain people.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree