Just a thought...
  2. Standard memberrbmorris
    Vampyroteuthis
    Infernalis
    Moves
    13 Jul '08 14:06
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    Just a thought...
    It's a good one, I think. It won't stop all the idiots, but it'll certainly slow down a good number of them.
  3. Standard memberJamin
    Irresponsible Quoter
    0 games mating
    Moves
    15 Jul '08 00:32
    Seconded.
  4. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    15 Jul '08 14:48
    I wonder if most of the most obnoxious abusers aren't on dial-up? In that case, the IP changes with every log in. I also wonder if the Admins don't already keep track of the IP of those who are banned. It seems to obvious to me that they are and would be. If, however, someone cares to go to the trouble of changing an IP just to come back in to RHP with a new profile, only to cheat again, for absolutely no "material value" whatsoever, then I don't think anything will every stop them, but they are beyond absurd. Further, I don't really care that much. Let them. I'll play an engine and enjoy it and consider it an exercise in chess. A constant engine isn't a problem that I can see. I am only bothered by the occasional "stealth" engine user who pulls out their "computer friend" to win a clan match, a tournament, or a league competition. I don't see them ever being stopped. Not in RHP, not OTB, not in real life. I just play to enjoy the game. Their punishment is in knowing that they didn't win anything. Their little computer did. It's the equivalent of riding a bicycle alongside a Marathon race and claiming in your own mind that you won. Whooweee!
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    15 Jul '08 14:55
    I work in a very big company with thousands of employees. Seen from the outer world, we have only one IP-number, the firewall's number.

I would imagine that I'm not the only one accessing RHP from within that firewall. What about if another RHP member abused his membership? What if he is banned, will I have trouble with my membership as well?
  6. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    15 Jul '08 17:30
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I work in a very big company with thousands of employees. Seen from the outer world, we have only one IP-number, the firewall's number.

I would imagine that I'm not the only one accessing RHP from within that firewall. What about if another RHP member abused his membership? What if he is banned, will I have trouble with my membership as well?
    Fair point. I don't know anything about computers, except to push the buttons.
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    15 Jul '08 20:12
    Originally posted by FabianFnas

Russ would only block an IP address if it's specific to the troublemaker. If another user was on the same IP, IP blocking wouldn't be an option.

P-
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Jul '08 20:40

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Jul '08 20:45
    Can you still bug someone's computer if the IP address is blocked?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree