1. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 17:48
    Originally posted by catfoodtim
    Thread 53235

I tried to post the same honest opinion a while ago Huck.

Seems like no one cares.
    Now I've seen it...

Huck!

P-
  2. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 18:43
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Now I've seen it...

Huck!

P-
    What have i done ?
  3. Standard memberDraxus
    Mr. Bombastic
    Ogden, Ut
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 19:01
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    proper use of the Moderation system, or proper moderation is the right answer to the problem. . .not sticking your fingeres in your ears and singing La la la la la la .

Sorry about that, but that is my honest opinion.
    I disagree because history has shown that the moderators, as hard as they try, just can't deal 100% with some of the trolls we have seen. STANG/Sambo69 is the example that I have seen since I started become active on the forums. Lots and lots of people got sick of the forums and just stopped participating long before they were completely banned. An ignore feature might have fixed that.

Also, somebody mentioned that if you ignore somebody then you won't be able to follow their part of the conversation. Not being a part of a section of conversation is just going to have to be a personal choice.

Of course, we are going to get the losers who will disagree with person X and then submit 5 posts telling everybody about how they are now ignoring person X.
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 19:12
    What have i done ?
    Your post in that thread... asking if I put someone up to posting 'the question'.

P-
  5. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 20:09
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Your post in that thread... asking if I put someone up to posting 'the question'.

P-
    No, i made a wise crack . . .don't try try to swizz me on a technicality 😠
  6. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 20:18
    Originally posted by Draxus
    I disagree because history has shown that the moderators, as hard as they try, just can't deal 100% with some of the trolls we have seen. STANG/Sambo69 is the example that I have seen since I started become active on the forums. Lots and lots of people got sick of the forums and just stopped participating long before they were completely banned. An ignore ...[text shortened]... h person X and then submit 5 posts telling everybody about how they are now ignoring person X.
    I don't disagree with your point, my point is that to ignore a user doesn't stop that user from posting filth or tripe, it just means that that person ios free to post what he/she wants about you and you wouldn't even know. It would be better in my opinion if the posts were deleted, ior the poster reprimanded, ignoring a problem wouldn't make it go away, just make it easier for the perpetrator to get away with it because those who are offended couldn't see when something bad was being posted. . .making it less likely that the posts would be alerted.

Stang was and is a strange fellow, and i believe it iit would be very hard to stop someone as eager as him to be heard to start a new account , but if he was ignored instead of dealt with it would just mean that he would stay on the site for longer.

I accept that the mod system is not perfect, but it is not being used enough in my opinion.

If saladin ignored someone who posted anti muslim filth (which is in truth posted far too often in my opinion), the posts would still be there for all to see. . . not a solution.
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 20:21
    I don't disagree with your point, my point is that to ignore a user doesn't stop that user from posting filth or tripe, it just means that that person ios free to post what he/she wants about you and you wouldn't even know. It would be better in my opinion if the posts were deleted, ior the poster reprimanded, ignoring a problem wouldn't make it go ...[text shortened]... oo often in my opinion), the posts would still be there for all to see. . . not a solution.
    /
    ---------------
    \

Russ needs to crack down. Debates is a racist mess I won't go near.

P-
  8. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 22:46
    Originally posted by ItalyBoyBlue
    I agree with this... I think that people should be able to moderate their own threads - We should be able to ban users from posting on threads we've started once they've posted something (therefore not preemptively).
    It would cause chaos I tell you. And plus I wouldn't get to shoot down your retarded ideas.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree