Blocking Smilies in Clan Forums

Blocking Smilies in Clan Forums

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
30 Nov 06

Could each clan have the option to block the use of smilies in their clan forum? That way any clan member using too many smilies wouldn't be able to pollute said forum with an over abundance of smilies.

P-

N

The sky

Moves
30 Nov 06

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Could each clan have the option to block the use of smilies in their clan forum? That way any clan member using too many smilies wouldn't be able to pollute said forum with an over abundance of smilies.

P-
:'(

w
Jo

Moving on...

Moves
30 Nov 06

Originally posted by Nordlys
:'(
what happened to evil smileys?? they stay the same if you highlight them now 😠

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
30 Nov 06

Originally posted by wucky3
what happened to evil smileys?? they stay the same if you highlight them now 😠
We don't talk about it anymore.

P-

w
Jo

Moving on...

Moves
01 Dec 06

We don't talk about it anymore.

P-
We don't talk about anything anymore

G
Mr. Shield

Moves
01 Dec 06
1 edit

P-
😞

I thought this thread was going to be about blocking smilies in the clan forum.

NowYouSeeIt

NowYouDon't

Moves
01 Dec 06

Originally posted by GalaxyShield
😞

I thought this thread was going to be about blocking smilies in the clan forum.
Oh my ! 😲 Lions & Tigers & Bears! 😀 🙄 😴

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
01 Dec 06

Originally posted by widget
Oh my ! I'm very surprised. Lions & Tigers & Bears! Nice talking with you, it's a crazy idea for sure. I'm off to bed now.
If this feature worked your post would look like this: (See above)

Moves
01 Dec 06

While we are at it, how about the option to block all the smilies altogether in your own user settings. i could get behind THAT idea.

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
01 Dec 06

Originally posted by tmetzler
While we are at it, how about the option to block all the smilies altogether in your own user settings. i could get behind THAT idea.
recced

w
Jo

Moving on...

Moves
01 Dec 06

Originally posted by rhb
recced
:'(😞😳😕😠

N

The sky

Moves
02 Dec 06
1 edit

Originally posted by tmetzler
In some forums, you can disable the smiley images. The smilies don't disappear altogether, but they are displayed as punctuation marks, not images. If you are against smilies in any form, that won't help, of course, but if you just hate the little pictures (some animated smilies can be really annoying) or have problems because smiley art causes your computer to crash, it's a good solution - you get rid of the annoying stuff, but can still see if someone indicates sarcasm with a smiley, for example. :)

Speaking of images, there should also be an option to disable all avatars, as has been suggested earlier.

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
02 Dec 06

P-
Not a goof idea. What next? Limiting the length of posts people can make? Limiting the size of words so that short words like at, an, to, be[/b] or longer words like [i]perspiration, imperceptible, questionable cannot be used. Are we then not allowed to make long sentences, short sentences, do we stop the use of punctation, do we enforce correct punctation and spelling, do we use an English or American dictionary, do we try to make foreign speakers write in their own languAGe. 片仮名愛青空遊園地行方不明 Do we stop people repeating themselves?Not a goof idea. What next? Limiting the length of posts people can make? Limiting the size of words so that short words like at, an, to, be[/b] or longer words like [i]perspiration, imperceptible, questionable cannot be used. Are we then not allowed to make long sentences, short sentences, do we stop the use of punctation, do we enforce correct punctation and spelling, do we use an English or American dictionary, do we try to make foreign speakers write in their own languge. 片仮名愛青空遊園地行方不明Not a goof idea. What next? Limiting the length of posts people can make? Limiting the size of words so that short words like at, an, to, be[/b] or longer words like [i]perspiration, imperceptible, questionable cannot be used. Are we then not allowed to make long sentences, short sentences, do we stop the use of punctation, do we enforce correct punctation and spelling, do we use an English or American dictionary, do we try to make foreign speakers write in their own languge. 片仮名愛青空遊園地行方不明Not a goof idea. What next? Limiting the length of posts people can make? Limiting the size of words so that short words like at, an, to, be[/b] or longer words like [i]perspiration, imperceptible, questionable cannot be used. Are we then not allowed to make long sentences, short sentences, do we stop the use of punctation, do we enforce correct punctation and spelling, do we use an English or American dictionary, do we try to make foreign speakers write in their own languge. 片仮名愛青空遊園地行方不明Not a goof idea. What next? Limiting the length of posts people can make? Limiting the size of words so that short words like at, an, to, be[/b] or longer words like [i]perspiration, imperceptible, questionable cannot be used. Are we then not allowed to make long sentences, short sentences, do we stop the use of punctation, do we enforce correct punctation and spelling, do we use an English or American dictionary, do we try to make foreign speakers write in their own languge. 片仮名愛青空遊園地行方不明Not a goof idea. What next? Limiting the length of posts people can make? Limiting the size of words so that short words like at, an, to, be[/b] or longer words like [i]perspiration, imperceptible, questionable cannot be used. Are we then not allowed to make long sentences, short sentences, do we stop the use of punctation, do we enforce correct punctation and spelling, do we use an English or American dictionary, do we try to make foreign speakers write in their own languge. 片仮名愛青空遊園地行方不明

🙂

N

The sky

Moves
02 Dec 06
1 edit

Originally posted by adramforall
Not a goof idea. What next? Limiting the length of posts people can make? Limiting the size of words so that short words like at, an, to, be or longer words like [i]perspiration, imperceptible, questionable cannot be used. Are we then not allowed to make long sentences, short sentences, do we stop the use of punctation, do we enforce correct ...[text shortened]... 21517;愛青空遊園地行方不明

🙂[/i][/b]
Goof! ;)

Moves
02 Dec 06

Originally posted by Nordlys
In some forums, you can disable the smiley images. The smilies don't disappear altogether, but they are displayed as punctuation marks, not images. --snip--Speaking of images, there should also be an option to disable all avatars, as has been suggested earlier.
That's what I mean, old school punctuation smilies are fine. I hate the gifs, especially the animated ones.

Oh, and I was one of the people that has previously suggested the option to completely remove the forum avatars in a user-settings. So I guess you can see where I am coming from.

Cheers!